You are not logged in.
11:45 am - 9:45 pm
The Culinary Institute of America is the world’s premier culinary institute in Hyde Park, NY. Enjoy a day out of the city with other members of the group as we dine at Catarina De Medici Italian Restaurant for dinner and a special guided tour of the historic Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park. COVID-19 guidelines for the tour and campus will be observed (see below).
How it works:
- Take the 10:45am Metro-North train from Grand Central or points north to Poughkeepsie, NY (65 miles north of NYC). You may also drive to meet the group at the train station.
- Your guide will pick you up and bring you to the Vanderbilt Mansion for a guided tour.
- From there you will go to the CIA campus overlooking the Hudson River.
- Enjoy dinner at Catarina De Medici and a limited tour of the campus.
- You will be back on the 9:50pm train at the latest.
- Currently the Institute is working on their guidelines and that will likely reflect CDC or NYS rules. Masks must be worn while in the restaurant but not while eating.
- Guidelines while outside the restaurant will follow local rules in place at the time.
- This event is open to fully vaccinated members as well as unvaccinated members who can show proof of a Covid negative test within 48 hours of the event. This must be a test administered by a testing site or medical professional. (Not a home test)
- If you have not been vaccinated and do not have test results, please do not register.
- If this event is outdoors facemask masks will be optional but required while in close proximity to others.
- Please be respectful of others
Menu (will be posted by early January)
Cost: $165 General Admission / $155 Lifetime VIP Members.
Included: Dinner, 1 soft drink or alcoholic beverage, transportation to and from the Poughkeepsie train station
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You are welcome to bring as many nonmember guests, friends & coworkers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? It is always best to print out the ticket confirmation or save it on your devices as proof of purchase especially if you have purchased your ticket on the same day as the event.
Dress Code: At all events we ask that you use your best judgement based on the event. There are never jackets and ties required unless specifically stated. Keep it neat, be yourself and look your best. If the event is outdoors, dress for the weather. There is no official dress code for the restaurants
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract folks in their 20s -40s although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who comes to these? Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out.
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event, you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content