You are not logged in.
Before you can reserve a spot, you must be a NYSN member. If you are a returning user please Sign in. New users please Sign up.
11:45 am - 5:00 pm
The Dia Beacon Museum presents a collection of installation art from the 1960s to the present on the site of the converted Nabisco factory near the shores of the Hudson River. Join a group of NYSN members for an awesome day out of the city as we explore the museum and the town of Beacon.
How it works:
- Take the 9:45am train from Grand Central or drive to meet the group at the museum at 11:45am.
- Your host will meet you at the museum and arrange for the group to enter.
- We will start out in the café for anyone who needs a snack.
- After about 2 hours of exploration the group will walk over to the main street of Beacon, NY and check out all the cool shops, galleries and cafes.
- You can spend as long or as little time as you would like in town.
Cost: $50 includes: Museum admission and host expenses only.
Not Included: Train fare, food, etc.
About Dia Beacon:
Dia Beacon’s expansive spaces are well suited to the needs of large-scale installations, paintings, and sculptures. In keeping with Dia’s history of single-artist, site-related presentations, each gallery was designed specifically for the art it contains. This includes Andy Warhol’s 1978–79 multipart work Shadows, displayed in a single installation measuring approximately 350 linear feet; selections from Dan Flavin’s series of fluorescent light Monuments to V. Tatlin . Richard Serra’s monumental steel sculptures, Torqued Ellipses; and Michael Heizer’s North, East, South, West (1967/2002). The ideal viewing conditions created by reflected north light from more than 34,000 square feet (3,200 m2) of skylights are especially evident in the galleries devoted to the paintings of On Kawara, Agnes Martin, Blinky Palermo, and Robert Ryman.
Can I come alone? Yes, most guests do! It’s a great way to meet new people.
Dress Code: Casual, wear comfortable shoes. If you plan to explore Beacon, dress for the weather.
Questions? Email Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212.873.2256, M-F 10am to 4pm.
Nonrefundable unless canceled.
Looking for more adventures outside the city? Click here.