You are not logged in.
6:45 am - 6:00 pm
This hike features some of the most spectacular scenery in the Hudson Valley. The trail hike climbs to Sam’s Point, with spectacular views, follows a narrow path through the crevices of the Ice Caves, and continues to Verkeerderkill Falls – the highest waterfall trail in the Shawangunks. This hike is about 8.3 miles and will cover the good portion of 5 hours but it is worth every minute. What to Expect from The Ice Caves and Verkeerderkill Falls Hike:
- Hike Level 8 out of 10: This hike covers many terrains. There are flat carriage paths, trails through the woods and brush and the Ice Cave trail which has some ladders and climbs over rocks. You need to be in good shape and be confident on your feet. There are not too many steep inclines that make this a moderate+ hike, just the length and the terrain.
- You will either take a Metro-North train from Grand Central or points north at 6:45am to Poughkeepsie, NY or you can drive to meet the group at Poughkeepsie train station.
- From Poughkeepsie your guide will pick you up for the 45 minute ride to Sam’s Point.
- You should bring bottled water and your own lunch. There is a local deli we can order from. We will eat on the trail.
- When the hike is finished we will likely be headed for the 5:50pm train back (at the latest).
- We will also stop at a local farm stand or cidery.
Cost: $85 ($75 for VIP members) includes: transportation from train to park, park admission, guide fees all taxes and tips.
Not included: train fare, food and drink
How difficult is this hike? 8 out of 10
Can I come alone? Yes, most guests do! It’s a great way to meet new people.
Dress Code: dress for the weather. Hiking shoes a must.
Questions? Email Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.873.2256, M-F 10am to 4pm.
Nonrefundable unless canceled.
Looking for more adventures outside the city? Click here.