You are not logged in.
5:45 pm - 8:30 pm
The Ascension School Homeless Shelter is a non sectarian shelter for a specially prescreened group of homeless who are in a program through www.camba.org. Help set up beds, cook, serve meals and get to meet these very appreciative people. No experience is necessary! COVID-19 guidelines will be in place.
How it works
- You will meet the group at the shelter at 5:45pm
- You will participate in preparing the meals and setting up beds, handing out sheets, cleanup, serving meals, etc.
- The entire process takes about 2.5 hours.
- Your $20 donation covers the cost of the food and supplies that the homeless enjoy that night.
- Please only sign up for this event if you are 100% sure you can attend.
- You will get to eat what we cook for the participants.
- Please do not sign up for this event if there is a chance you will not come. We need every pair of hands available.
- This event is open to fully vaccinated members as well as unvaccinated members who can show proof of a Covid negative test within 48 hours of the event. This must be a test administered by a testing site or medical professional. (Not a home test)
- If you have not been vaccinated and do not have test results, please do not register.
- If this event is outdoors facemask masks will be optional but required while in close proximity to others.
- Please be respectful of others
Can I come alone? Yes most of our volunteers sign up alone.
What to expect: We will be a team of 10 people and the only volunteers that night. Dave Cervini will coordinate all the activities. You can set up beds, set up the tables, help chop veggies, mix things or cook.
Dress Code: Casual. No sandals or open toe shoes. If you have long hair please bring a baseball cap.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register for the event and send follow up emails as we get closer.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract people in their 20s to 40s although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Questions? Contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256 M-F 10am-4pm
Venue: Ascension Shelter Kitchen
My venue content