You are not logged in.
9:45 am - 5:50 pm
*Please note that we will follow current COVID-19 protocols during this trip.*
Spend the day out of the city in the beautiful Hudson Valley for an adventure that has a little something for everyone. You will be joining the members of our camping trip for a day on the grounds of the NYSN private campsite at the Vinecroft Estate in Esopus, NY plus visiting other attractions in the area including a moderate hike along the Hudson River.
What to expect:
- You may take Metro North or drive to meet the group in Poughkeepsie, NY. From there your guide will pick you up in our van and bring you to an easy level 4 hike (out of 10) at Black Creek Nature Preserve or Slabsides. Approx 3 miles. (90 minutes) At that point you will be joining the group that is staying for the weekend.
- You may also drive to meet the group at the train station.
- After the hike you will enjoy a BBQ lunch at the campsite.
- After lunch relax and enjoy fun, games, socializing, swim, play volleyball, kayak, swim and explore the property.
- We will stop at a hard cider farm for tastings.
- You will be back on the 5:50pm train home.
Cost: $120 ($110 Lifetime VIP members) includes: transportation to and from the train station to all activities, hiking fees, guide fees, happy hour with snacks, cheese & crackers, beer, wine and soft drinks, BBQ lunch, access to kayaking, all taxes and tips.
Not included: Train fare, items you may purchase, cider tasting ($12) is optional.
What to bring: 1 liter of water for hike, comfortable hiking shoes or sneakers, backpack, sandals or water socks for kayaking, bathing suite and towel if swimming, sunblock.
Dress for the weather
COVID-19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- If you have been vaccinated please show the host your vaccination card or Excelsior app.
- If you have not been vaccinated, please do not come if you have been exposed or have recently tested positive.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will ask that masks are worn while in close proximity to others or in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of the venue or location of the event.
- In some cases we may separate the group for portions of the event so that those who are vaccinated can enjoy a mask-less experience.
How hard is the hike ? Either hike will be a level 4 out of 10. It is approx 3 miles. The pathways are dirt through the woods and have some rocks and roots plus 2 inclines that would have the same stress level of climbing 10 flights of stairs at once. You should be in decent shape to attempt the hike.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You are welcome to bring as many nonmember guests, friends & coworkers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list at the door. If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment. If registering with a voucher follow the instruction on the voucher. If you registered and paid a confirmation email will be sent to you when you registered and on the day of the event.
Dress Code: At all events we ask that you use your best judgement based on the event. There are never jackets and ties required unless specifically stated. Keep it neat, be yourself and look your best.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract the 20s to 40s age range although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled due to dangerous weather conditions .
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.