You are not logged in.
7:45 am - 4:45 pm
Spend a day out of the city and enjoy a leisurely kayak trip on the beautiful Hudson River in the heart of the Hudson Valley. Your day will start with a breathtaking train ride up the Hudson River to Poughkeepsie where your host will pick you up and bring you to the all the day’s activities.
Here’s How it Works:
- You can take the 7:45am Metro-North train or drive to meet us at the Poughkeepsie train station at 9:48am. (specific meeting instructions will be sent when you register)
- Your guide will meet you at the station and bring you to our private riverside campsite where we’ll set out for a 3 mile trip that will bring us along the shores of the historic Hudson River. Along the way you’ll see rolling hills, historic mansions and the Catskill Mountains in the distance.
- When we get back to the campsite we will relax for a bit and enjoy the scenery and have BBQ lunch with burgers, dogs, chicken and salads. (If there are dietary restrictions, we will accommodate.)
- Before departure we will stop by a local farm stand for fresh berries, veggies and fruits and hard cider!
- Space is limited to 6 people.
- You will be back on the 5:50pm train at the latest.
About the Kayak Trip
- Start to finish is a 3 mile round trip.
- You will need to wear a life jacket.
- Beginners are welcome but you must know how to swim. ***Upper arm strength will be needed***.
- You will need to sign a waiver before getting in the kayak.
- Lunch menu will be sent for you to choose from prior to the trip.
What to bring:
- 2 liters of water
What to wear: Sneakers or water socks are recommended. Towel, bathing suit or clothes you don’t mind getting wet. Dress for the weather. There is a changing shed and shower available if you want to swim.
Cost: $140 general members / $130 VIP members
Included: transportation from train station to all activities, kayak, life vest, guide fee, BBQ lunch, all taxes and tips.
Not Included: Train fare, incidental items purchased at any of the stops.
What if it rains? The trip is nonrefundable unless canceled due to inclement weather. We normally make the determination the night before if there is any indication of rain.
Recommended ages: 21+. The main demographic will be 30s and 40s but there will be many 20s and even 50s so those folks will feel right at home.
Can I come alone? Yes, most guests do! It’s a great way to meet new people.
Questions? Email Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212.873.2256, M-F 10am to 4pm.
Nonrefundable unless canceled. Sorry, no dogs allowed.
Looking for more outdoor adventures? Click here.
My venue content