You are not logged in.
8:45 am - 2:45 pm
Lake Minnewaska is a 22,000 acre nature preserve nestled in the Shawangunk Mountains about 65 miles north of NYC. The Lake Loop Trail is about 2 miles along a carriage road and offers spectacular views of the lake and the valley from the top of the ridge. You can take the train to the meeting point or drive to meet the group. We will follow COVID-19 guidelines (see below).
How it works:
- When you register we will send you all the details on where and when to meet.
- From the meeting point your guide will bring you to all the day’s activities.
- About midway through the hike the group will stop for lunch on top of the lake ridge.
- Following the hike we will stop at a local farm stand for fresh fruits, berries and veggies.
- You will be back on the 2:45pm train.
Cost: $85 General admission / $75 Lifetime VIP Members: Includes: Hiking and guide fees, transportation to and from the train station to all the activities, a box lunch, taxes and gratuities. Space is limited to 5 people.
Not Included: Since not everyone will be taking the train, train fare is not included. Any items purchased at farm stands. Unfortunately you cannot meet the group at the park just for the hike.
COVID-19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- If you have been vaccinated please show the host your vaccination card or Excelsior app.
- If you have not been vaccinated, please do not come if you have been exposed or have recently tested positive.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will ask that masks are worn while in close proximity and in the van to and from each location.
- In some cases we may separate the group for portions of the event so that those who are vaccinated can enjoy a mask-less experience. While on the hike if there is a mix we will ask that members social distance in able to remove masks while outside.
Please note that you will be riding in an 8 passenger SUV. NYSN founder Dave’s 3 year old son Kai will be on the hike.
How hard is the hike? This hike would be a level 2-3 out of 10. It is all flat carriage road with 2-3 short inclines. Sneakers are fine for this.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You are welcome to bring as many nonmember guests, friends & coworkers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? If this is a free event, no. For paid events: It is always best to print out the ticket confirmation or save it on your devices as proof of purchase especially if you have purchased your ticket on the same day as the event.
Dress Code: At all events we ask that you use your best judgement based on the event. There are never jackets and ties required unless specifically stated. Keep it neat, be yourself and look your best.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract the 20s to 40s age range although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These? Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out.
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content