You are not logged in.
9:45 am - 5:00 pm
WE WILL FOLLOW COVID GUIDELINES DURING THIS EVENT.
Start the new year off right with a refreshing walk in the winter woods! The day will start with a delicious lunch at the Culinary Institute of America’s award-winning cafeteria. Then we will be exploring the trails of Slabsides Nature Sanctuary in Esopus, NY which features beautiful moderate trails, frozen ponds and John Burroughs “Slabsides” national historic landmark cabin. Following the hike we will head to our private campsite for hot Chocolate, wine, hard cider, s’mores and a bonfire.
How it works:
- Register and we will send you very specific info on where to meet and what to bring.
- You may take Metro-North, Amtrak or drive to meet the group at the Poughkeepsie train station at 11:40am.
- Your guide will pick you up in Poughkeepsie and bring you to all the activities.
- You will be back on the 5:50pm train at the latest.
- 11:40am pick up at the Poughkeepsie train station
- Travel to the Culinary Institute of America for lunch overlooking the river.
- From the CIA it is a short drive to the hike.
- After the hike, we will go to our private campsite for a bonfire, wine, hot chocolate and s’mores
- Depart for train.
How hard is the hike? There are some slight inclines. There may be patches of snow or ice to deal with. The entire walk will be around 2 1/2 miles depending on the trails that are accessible. Mostly a level 4 out of 10.
Cost: $120 includes ($110 VIP Members): transportation to and from the Poughkeepsie train station, park fees, guide fees, wine, s’mores and hot chocolate, lunch at the CIA, taxes and gratuities.
Not included: Train fare, (you may drive to meet the group at the train station)
- This event is open to fully vaccinated members as well as unvaccinated members who can show proof of a Covid negative test within 48 hours of the event. This must be a test administered by a testing site or medical professional. (Not a home test)
- If you have not been vaccinated and do not have test results, please do not register.
- If this event is outdoors facemask masks will be optional but required while in close proximity to others.
- Please be respectful of others
Please note that the group will be traveling in an 8 passenger SUV with window open and masks on.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You are welcome to bring as many nonmember guests, friends & coworkers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? We will have your name on our list.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather check the National Weather Service ONLY https://www.weather.gov/ New Paltz, NY Location.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract folks in their 20s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who comes to these? Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out.
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event, you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content