You are not logged in.
10:45 am - 6:45 pm
Fall is a beautiful time in the Hudson Valley. Beautiful foliage, awesome sights, crisp fresh air and great food are all on the menu for this special Oktoberfest Day trip. We’ll be utilizing the grounds of the NYSN private campsite at The Vinecroft Estate in Esopus, NY and enjoy a fairly easy hike surrounded by amazing fall foliage. Leaf peepers–this is for you! There will also be a trip to a local orchard and a walk over The Walkway Across The Hudson State Park.
What to expect:
- You may take the 9:45am Metro-North train or drive to meet the group in Poughkeepsie, NY. From there your guide will pick you up in our van and bring you to an easy level 3-4 hike at a local nature preserve. Approx. 2 miles. (1 hour 30 minutes)
- Following the hike we will enjoy an Oktoberfest meal with all the fixin’s at our private campsite (menu below).
- After the hike visit a local orchard where you can pick your own apples and get fresh fall veggies.
- Once you’re stocked, we’ll bring you to the famous Walkway Across the Hudson State Park for stunning views of the valley on your way back to the train station
- You will be on the 5:39pm train back to NYC.
Menu: Bratwurst, Knockwurst, Weisswurst, Potato Pancakes, Wienerschnitzel, sauerkraut, red cabbage, German beer. *Sorry this is not vegetarian friendly*
Cost: $140 ($125 Lifetime VIP members) includes: transportation to and from the train station to all activities, hiking fees, guide fees, Oktoberfest meal, beverages, all taxes and tips.
Not included: Train fare, items you may purchase.
What to bring: 1 liter of water for hike, comfortable hiking shoes or sneakers, backpack.
COVID-19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- We will take temperatures upon arrival
- If you think you have been exposed or have recently tested positive please do not come.
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will ask that masks are worn while in close proximity to others especially in the van or in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of any venue we visit.
How hard is the hike? It is a level 4 out of 10. There are some inclines and rocks and roots along the path.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You are welcome to bring as many nonmember guests, friends & coworkers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list at the door. If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment. If registering with a voucher follow the instruction on the voucher. If you registered and paid a confirmation email will be sent to you when you registered and on the day of the event.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract people in their 20s to 40s although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who comes to these? Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out.
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled due to dangerous weather conditions .
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content