You are not logged in.
09/25/2021 - 09/26/2021
7:45 am - 1:45 pm
Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Hudson Valley in autumn. We have the ultimate private campsite nestled on the shores of the pristine fresh water Hudson River near New Paltz, NY. We supply everything except a sleeping bag or blanket and pillow. (private tents are available rental info below)
Activities Include: an easy/moderate hike, lunch Saturday, games at the campsite, visit to apple farm and hard cider stand. Dinner by the campfire with wine and s’mores. Stargazing at night and a delicious Sunday breakfast with eggs, grains, French toast, fresh fruit, coffee and more.
IMPORTANT: The hike will be a level 3 hike which is easy-moderate. You should have the stamina to climb 5 flights of stairs or be in fairly good shape.
You will start your weekend by enjoying the relaxing train ride along the beautiful Hudson River Line to Poughkeepsie. Alternatively, you may also drive to the campsite.
About the campsite:
Vinecroft Estate has 25 acres of private secluded land on the shores of the Hudson River complete with a private dock, huge fire pit, boathouse, hiking trails, hammocks, horseshoe pits, BBQ’s, picnic tables, lounge chairs and more. There is nothing across the river but trees and nothing near the camp except the main house (10 minute walk). You will watch the sunrise in the morning and be dazzled by the stars at night. Take the virtual campsite tour.
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will have to ask that masks are worn while in close proximity to others like in the van. Outside activities will be up to the discretion of attendees.
Using our transportation: $200 ($180 for VIP Members)
If wish to drive your own car to all the activities during the weekend choose “Self Drive Option” $160 ($140 VIP members)
Tent rental is $20 if you don’t have one.
If you are driving you may access the campsite anytime after 10 am. Departure on Sunday is on the 1:54 pm train
The weekend will include:
– Lunch/ Dinner Saturday. Breakfast Sunday
-1 night/2 days at the Vinecroft Estate private campsite.
-All meals carefully and deliciously grilled to perfection. Fish, meat, salads, veggies, desserts, breakfast.
-Soft drinks and adult beverages, fresh bottled water available all weekend
-Hiking, kayaking, wineries, guides, park fees and donations, equipment use, taxes, tips (Hikes will be moderate)
-Transportation from train station to all attractions
-We have a limited number of Private Tents to rent ($20 additional) Payable separately.
Not Included: winery/cider farm fees, train fare, lunch Sunday
This trip is perfect for those who have never camped before.
All you need to bring: sleeping bag or blanket, pillow, sunblock, hiking shoes or sturdy sneakers, bug spray, bathing suit, towel, flashlight, change of clothes.
Is there a bathroom? A private clean eco-composting toilet is on site. There is also a outdoor private hot water shower and faucet for washing/bathing (or you can bathe in the river)
Can I come alone? YES, YES, YES! 98% of the group will be coming on their own. There is no better trip that we run where you can really get to know people. If you feel uncomfortable we’ll take you back to the train station which is only 10 minutes away.
What to expect: A small group of laid back, fun people enjoying the outdoors together doing various activities. Ages 20s to 40s, singles/maybe a couple, even split men and women.
Is it buggy? That depends on the weather. Bug spray is always recommended.
Are there bears? Not really in this area at all. You may see deer, chipmunks, wild turkeys.
Can I charge my personal electronics? There is no electricity at the campsite but we have a portable power inverter for that at the site that you can charge your personal electronics.
Refunds given only if the weekend is a washout and we do not go.
Weekend Menu will include:
- burgers, dogs, grilled chicken, salads
Dinner, 2 entrees buffet style, (Sat) includes:
- Grilled Chicken/Grilled Fish, vegetarian chili, grilled veggies, fresh corn
- Fresh pumpkin or apple pie for dessert
- Grilled eggs with veggies
- French Toast with fresh maple syrup
- fresh fruit
- Orange juice
- fresh baked blueberry muffins and fresh baked banana muffins
- Coffee or tea
- By registering for this event you acknowledge that you will be spending several days outdoors on undeveloped lands. There is always a chance that you will encounter unexpected weather, wildlife and environmental issues that are out of our control.
- The terrain at the campsite and other areas that we travel to may be uneven, slippery, muddy and is even more challenging to navigate when dark. This is why you will need a flashlight at all times after sundown.
- Swimming, kayaking or any activities on or near the river are at your own risk.
- By signing up for this event you take full responsibility for your actions and will not hold Dave Cervini Entertainment, their partners, agents or representatives harmless or liable for any injuries, accidents or losses as a result of your actions and decisions or acts of God or natural causes that occur during the trip.
- When you register you will be asked to electronically confirm that you understand all conditions and will also be asked to sign an agreement when you arrive.
If you agree please continue to the registration page.
In case of rain during any part of the weekend we will change plans to include some fun indoor activities.