You are not logged in.
9:45 am - 5:45 pm
The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) is the world’s premier culinary institute in Hyde Park, NY. Enjoy a day out of the city with other members of the group as we dine at American Bounty Restaurant for lunch, walk off the calories during a tour of the famous Vanderbilt Mansion overlooking the Hudson River and enjoy a cider tasting at a local cidery.
How it works:
- Take the 9:43am Metro-North train from Grand Central or points north to Poughkeepsie, NY (65 miles north of NYC). You may also drive to meet the group at the train station.
- Your guide will pick you up and bring you to enjoy lunch at American Bounty Restaurant and a limited tour of the campus.
- Following lunch, we’ll head to the Vanderbilt Mansion for a guided tour.
- Following the mansion, we will bring you to Bad Seed Cidery for cider samples.
- You will be back on the 5:50pm train at the latest.
Cost: $165 General admission ($155 lifetime VIP members) includes 3 course lunch, 1 soft drink or “mocktail,” the Vanderbilt Mansion tour, transportation to and from the train station to all activities, cider tasting. (Space is limited to 8)
Not Included: Train fare, items purchased outside of our package.
In accordance with current city and state protocols vaccination status is not mandatory for this event. However we do ask that participants act in a responsible manner and do not attend if feeling ill, showing symptoms or have been recently exposed. Mask wearing is optional and everyone should respect the comfort levels of others as we transition into this next phase of socializing in the Covid era.
This event is nonrefundable. If you have tested positive for Covid and cannot attend, we will do our best to provide you with credits to select future events with a copy of your positive test results. Please note that due to the cost involved in some activities credits may not be used for the event you missed.
Menus are subject to change.
Menu (Choose 1 each from Starters, Mains and Dessert)
Can I come alone? Yes, most guests do! It’s a great way to meet new people.
Dress Code: Neat and casual.
Questions? Email Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212.873.2256, M-F 10am to 4pm.
Nonrefundable unless canceled.
Looking for more adventures outside the city? Click here.