You are not logged in.
9:45 am - 5:45 pm
The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) is the world’s premier culinary institute in Hyde Park, NY. Enjoy a day out of the city with other members of the group as we dine at American Bounty Restaurant for lunch, walk off the calories on the famous Walkway Across The Hudson State Park and enjoy a wine tasting at a local winery. COVID-19 guidelines for the campus will be observed (see below). Please note if it is too cold we will not do the walkway.
How it works:
- Take the 9:45am Metro North train from Grand Central or points north to Poughkeepsie, NY (65 miles north of NYC). You may also drive to meet the group at the train station.
- Your guide will pick you up and bring you to the CIA campus overlooking the Hudson River.
- Enjoy lunch at Bocuse and a limited tour of the campus.
- Following lunch we will bring you to The Walkway Over The Hudson, a 1.2 mile flat walk over a converted train trestle high above the river with amazing views!
- Next we will visit El Paso Winery for a flight of samples of their local wines.
- Finally we will stop at a local farm stand for fresh fruits and veggies, local honey and baked goods.
- You will be back on the 5:50pm train at the latest.
- Currently the Institute is working on their guidelines and that will likely reflect CDC or NYS rules. Masks must be worn while in the restaurant but not while eating.
- Guidelines while outside the restaurant will follow local rules in place at the time.
Cost: $165 General admission ($155 lifetime VIP members) includes 3 course lunch, 1 soft drink or cocktail, the walkway experience, wine tasting, transportation to and from the train station to all activities. (space is limited to 8)
Not Included: Train fare, items purchased outside of our package.
Menu (Choose 1 from each category)
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You are welcome to bring as many nonmember guests, friends & coworkers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? We will have your name on our list. No need for a ticket.
Dress Code: Keep it neat, be yourself and look your best. There is no dress code for the restaurant. Be comfortable and casual. Wear sneakers or comfortable shoes
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract people in their 20s, 30s and 40s although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who comes to these?: Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content