You are not logged in.
8:45 am - 5:50 pm
Opus 40 is a large environmental immersive sculpture in Saugerties, New York, created by sculptor and quarryman Harvey Fite. It comprises a sprawling series of dry-stone ramps, pedestals and platforms covering 6.5 acres of a bluestone quarry. Enjoy a beautiful autumn day out of the city with other NYSN members and friends (space is limited to 7).
How it works:
- Take the 8:45am Metro-North train from Grand Central (or other points north) to Poughkeepsie, NY. You may also meet the group at the Poughkeepsie train station at 10:48am.
- The group will board our vehicle and take the trip to Saugerties, NY (approx 40 mins)
- Before heading into the sculpture park we will sit for lunch.
- The group will spend about 2 hours in the park.
- Following the experience we will walk through historic Saugerties to explore shops and cafes, stopping for a nibble and a drink before heading back for the 5:50pm train.
COVID-19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- We will take temperatures upon arrival
- If you think you have been exposed or have recently tested positive please do not come.
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will ask that masks are worn while in close proximity to others (in the van) if indoors or in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of the venue or location of the event.
Cost: $105 General admission / $95 Lifetime VIP members includes: roundtrip transportation to and from Poughkeepsie train station to all activities. Opus 40 admission plus host fee and expenses.
Not included: Train fare, lunch
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You are welcome to bring as many nonmember guests, friends & coworkers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? It is always best to print out the ticket confirmation or save it on your devices as proof of purchase especially if you have purchased your ticket on the same day as the event..
Dress Code: Dress for the weather we will be outside 85% of the time.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract those in their 20s to 40s although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who comes to these? Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out.
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content