You are not logged in.
8:45 am - 5:50 pm
The Empire State Trail is a recently completed series on rail trails that connect Battery Park all the way to Canada! One of the most beautiful and historic sections runs from Poughkeepsie, NY to Highland, NY. It is about 5.5 miles each way passing through historic areas and over the Walkway Over The Hudson State Park. Our trip will start and end in Poughkeepsie with a midway stop at Wilklow Orchards for food and drinks.
How it works:
- The group will meet at the Poughkeepsie train station at 10:48am. You can take the train or drive to meet the group there.
- At the station you will walk over the walkway to your bikes. (you may also bring your own bike.)
- We will ride from the highland side of the Walkway to Wilklow Orchard stopping along the way to appreciate the historic points and enjoy the beautiful foliage.
- At the orchard they have refreshments and a food stand. You can also pick up fresh fruits and veggies (bring a backpack).
- We will head back to Highland and return the bikes.
- You will be on the 5:50pm train at the latest.
This trail is 5.5 miles in each direction. It is flat and paved. There will be a short portion where we will ride on the roadway that connects the rail trail to the farm (1/4 mile). That portion has a slight incline. This is a leisurely ride not a race, but you should be in good shape as to not hold up the group.
Features of the ride:
- The Walkway Over the Hudson is a 1.2 mile train trestle that was build in 1889 and has been converted into a pedestrian walkway. It offers amazing views of the Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains in the distance.
- The Rail Trail beyond the walkway meanders through beautiful wooded areas and through great rock formations. The are also side paths to explore. Along the path are remnants of the trains that once rolled through these woods.
- Wilklow Orchard is a fun farm stand nestled at the base of the Illinois Mountain. You can pick your own apples, sip on hot apple cider, order a personal pizza or sample some hard cider.
Cost: $140 General admission / $130 Lifetime VIP Members. Includes bike rental and guide fee only.
If you bring your own bike: General admission $70 / Lifetime VIP $60
COVID-19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- We will take temperatures upon arrival
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will ask that masks are worn while in close proximity to others if indoors or in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of the venue or location of the event.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You are welcome to bring as many nonmember guests, friends & coworkers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? It is always best to print out the ticket confirmation or save it on your devices as proof of purchase especially if you have purchased your ticket on the same day as the event..
Dress Code: Dress for the weather
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract those in their 20s – 40s although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These? Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out.
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content