You are not logged in.
Before you can reserve a spot, you must be a NYSN member. If you are a returning user please Sign in. New users please Sign up.
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Discover the outdoors right outside Manhattan! A hidden gem, Forest Park is filled with natural treasures and is an idyllic getaway for locals and visitors alike. Can you believe this park has been around for over a century!? During the hike, you will explore different trails and stop at a few key spots to learn more about the 3rd largest park in Queens.
How it works:
- We’ll meet at 1pm at Wallenberg Square right outside of Forest Park in Queens
- Be prepared to walk as we explore multiple paths throughout the park!👟
- All paths are dog friendly so expect to see a friendly pup here and there. 🐶
- Public transit is within walking distance!🚆 You can take the E/F to Union Turnpike or the LIRR to Kew Gardens.
- The hike will start and end at Wallenberg Square.
Covid 19 Protocols:
- Please do not come if you have been exposed. You may cancel up to one week for a refund. Within one week you will be given a credit to use for selected events.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- Face masks must be worn at all times when in close proximity.
What to bring:
- Hiking boots or sneakers with good treads
Difficulty Level: Easy
What if it rains?
Refunds will be given if the event is canceled due to rain.
Cost: $20 general members / $15 VIP Members
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list at the door. If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment. If registering with a voucher follow the instruction on the voucher. If you registered and paid a confirmation email will be sent to you when you registered and on the day of the event.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather you will be outside for 90 minutes
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Venue: Wallenberg Square in Forest Park