You are not logged in.
Before you can reserve a spot, you must be a NYSN member. If you are a returning user please Sign in. New users please Sign up.
9:45 am - 5:50 pm
There is nothing like a crisp Fall day out of the city while being surrounded by amazing fall colors and fresh air! Join us for this fun day out of the city and experience the many great things that The Hudson Valley is known for. We will follow Covid 19 precautions (see below)
How it works:
- You can take the 9:45am train from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie where your guide will be waiting for you. You may also drive to Poughkeepsie and meet the group at the designated place at the station.
- We will bring you to a place to enjoy lunch overlooking the river and the Walkway.
- Once we have finished lunch we will head to a very easy hike at Slabsides Nature Sanctuary.
- After the hike we’ll have a trip to a local farm stand for fresh fruits and veggies and a hard cider if you’d like.
- Finally we will bring you to The Walkway Over The Hudson Park which is the upstate version of the Highline! It is an old railroad bridge built in 1891 that is now a pedestrian walkway over the river offering stunning views of the valley.
- You will be on the 5:50pm train home.
Cost: $75 general members / $65 Lifetime VIP members
How hard is the hike? 3/4 out of 10. It is mostly on carriage paths. There is an aggressive uphill that would be like walking up 8 flights of stairs at once. 1.5 miles. The Hudson Walkway is 1.25 miles all flat on cement.
Included: Transportation to and from the Poughkeepsie train station to all attractions, , guide fee, taxes and gratuities.
Not included: Train fare, lunch (you may bring your own or order from a local deli), Hard Cider samples, anything you purchase along the way.
What to Bring: Lunch (or order on your way up), sunblock, water.
What if it rains? We will determine the weather conditions by the night before. If it looks bad we will cancel the trip. You can get a refund or use the credit towards another trip.
Covid 19 Protocols:
- Please do not come if you have been exposed. You may cancel up to one week for a refund. Within one week you will be given a credit to use for selected events.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- Event limited to 12 people so there is space for everyone to be safe.
- Face masks must be worn while within close proximity..
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? If this is a free event, no. For paid events: It is always best to print out the ticket confirmation or save it on your devices as proof of purchase especially if you have purchased your ticket on the same day as the event..
Dress Code: Dress for the weather. Check the National Weather Service forecast for Poughkeepsie. Comfortable shoes or sneakers.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.