You are not logged in.
8:45 am - 5:40 pm
Join us for this beautiful fall day out of the city as we enjoy the amazing sights of the Shawangunk Mountains along the Peters Kill Trail, an easy/moderate hike at Minnewaska Park.
What to Expect
- Your day will begin with a beautiful train ride up the Hudson River on Metro-North. Your guide will pick you up in Poughkeepsie, NY to start your adventure! You may also drive to meet the group in Poughkeepsie.
- We’ll pick up your lunch (if you did not bring your own) and head over to Lake Minnewaska and the Peters Kill Trail. Along the way you will be treated to beautiful rock formations and breathtaking views. Once we hit the top of the cliffs we will stop for lunch.
- After lunch it is back down towards Peters Kill, a beautiful river/stream with natural rock formation and waterfalls.
- After the hike we will stop by a local farm stand where you can pick up local eggs, honey, maple syrup and more.
- You will be back on the 5:54pm train to NYC at the latest.
Hike level: 6 out of 10. There are several different inclines that would be the same stress level as climbing 10 flights of stairs each time. There are rocky and root riddled paths as well as flat carriage paths. We do not rush but you should be in fairly good shape. If you have any concerns contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- If you think you have been exposed or have recently tested positive please do not come.
- We will ask that masks be worn while in close proximity to others especially in the van or in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of any venue we visit.
Can I come alone? Yes, most of the people attending come on their own. Our staff is great at introducing you to others at the event and keeping the conversations lively!
What to wear: hiking shoes or sturdy sneakers. Long pants recommended.
What to bring: lunch, bottled water. You may order lunch from a local deli.
What is included? transportation to and from Poughkeepsie train to all attractions, hiking fees, taxes and tips.
Not Included: Train fare (you may also drive to Poughkeepsie), lunch
Admission: $75 ( $65 for VIP members)
What if it rains? Refunds are only given if the trip is canceled due to rain.
You will have to fill out a waiver when you arrive.
My venue content