You are not logged in.
7:45 am - 4:45 pm
Join us for this beautiful spring day out of the city as we enjoy the amazing sights of the Shawangunk Mountains along the Peter’s Kill Trail an easy/moderate hike at Minnewaska Park.
What to Expect:
- You can take Metro-North to Poughkeepsie or drive to meet the group at the train station.
- Before the hike we’ll pick up lunch at a local cafe that we will enjoy on the cliffs overlooking the Valley.
- On the hike you will be treated to beautiful rock formations and breathtaking views. Once we hit the top of the cliffs we will stop for lunch.
- After lunch it is back down towards the Peter’s Kill (a beautiful river/stream with natural rock formation and waterfalls which will be flowing full strength from all the melting snow and ice.
- After the hike we will stop by a local farm stand where you can pick up local eggs, honey, maple syrup and more.
- Our last stop will be at the Bad Seed Hard Cider Mill where you can enjoy a flight of their tasty Hard Ciders!
You will be back on the 5:54 train to NYC at the latest.
Hike level: 6 out of 10. There are several different inclines that would be the same stress level as climbing 10 flights of stairs each time. There are rocks and roots on some paths and flat carriage paths in other directions. We do not rush but you should be in fairly good shape. If you have any concerns contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I come alone? Yes, most of the people attending come on their own. Our staff is great at introducing you to others at the event and keeping the conversations lively!
What to wear: hiking shoes or sturdy sneakers. Long pants recommended
What to bring: Bottled water. You may order lunch from a local deli or bring your own.
What is included? transportation to and from Poughkeepsie train to all attractions, hiking fees, taxes and tips.
Not Included: Train fare (you may also drive to Poughkeepsie), lunch, since not everyone drinks cider samples are not included.
Admission: $85 ( $75 for VIP members)
What if it rains? Refunds are only given if the trip is canceled due to rain.
You will have to fill out a waiver when you arrive.
My venue content