You are not logged in.
9:40 am - 4:00 pm
World famous Jones Beach State Park is home to 6.5 miles of beautiful white sand beach on the Atlantic Ocean on the south shore of Long Island. There is the boardwalk, the cafes, occasional live entertainment, games and an adventure park. Join us for this fun excursion where you can explore it all with NYSN members and friends. Please read the event description carefully.
How it works:
- We have 2 meeting places:
- 9:40 Penn Station – Dunkin Donuts – Ride together
- 11:30 Meet the group at the huge flagpole on the boardwalk between the Administration Building and the WildPlay Jones Beach building.
- The group will walk west along the boardwalk then back east. The entire boardwalk is 3.9 miles (you do not have to do the whole walk).
- Along the way we will stop for lunch at one of the boardwalk cafes.
- We will have a 1pm group reservation for anyone wishing to try the 700 foot long zipline along the beach. There are other activities that you may pay for separately at WildPlay Jones Beach.
- You can stay at the beach for the afternoon, go swimming, relax or enjoy the boardwalk more with your new friends!
Cost: General admission $15 donation for event host fee. $10 for VIP members.
Zipline Group Adventure ($22 additional) You must purchase this in addition to the main event admission.
COVID-19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- If you have not been vaccinated, please do not come if you have been exposed or have recently tested positive.
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will ask that masks are worn while in close proximity to others or in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of the venue or location of the event.
- In some cases we may separate the group for portions of the event so that those who are vaccinated can enjoy a mask-less experience.
How do I get there if I don’t have a car?
Most New Yorkers don’t own a car, nor do visitors generally need one when visiting the Big Apple, so it’s fairly simple and quite inexpensive to get to Jones Beach by bus. Buses run regularly from the center of Queens, and during the summer, you can grab one from the Freeport Long Island Rail Road Station straight to the waves.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You are welcome to bring as many nonmember guests, friends & coworkers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? It is always best to print out the ticket confirmation or save it on your devices as proof of purchase especially if you have purchased your ticket on the same day as the event.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather.
What to bring: Be comfortable. You can purchase food there or bring your own lunch. If you want to go swimming bring a towel and your swim suit. There is a bathhouse to shower and change.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract those in the 20s to 40s age range although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who comes to these? Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out.
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
Close to 7th Ave Entrance