You are not logged in.
05/28/2022 - 05/30/2022
9:45 am - 1:00 pm
This is not a public campground, it is a 25 acre private property on the shore of the fresh water Hudson River upstate, NY. This trip is great for novice and seasoned campers because we supply almost everything you need!
We supply everything except a sleeping bag or blanket and pillow. (If you do not have a tent, private tents are available rental info below)
The campsite is easy to get to VIA Metro North Railroad from Grand Central (9:45am Train or drive)
About the campsite:
Vinecroft Estate has 25 acres of private secluded land on the shores of the Hudson River complete with a private dock, huge fire pit, boathouse, hiking trails, hammocks, horseshoe pits, BBQ’s, picnic tables, lounge chairs and more. There is nothing across the river but trees and nothing near the camp except the main house ( 10 minute walk). You will watch the sunrise each morning and be dazzled by the stars at night. Take the virtual campsite tour. There is no electricity at the campsite but we have a portable power inverter for that at the site that you can charge your personal electronics but this weekend is designed to unplug yourself!!
Will follow whatever the current guidelines are at the time.
About the weekend: This weekend is designed to get you back to nature. You can spend the entire time at the campsite and take advantage of the 25 acres of trails and property, you can swim and kayak in the river, relax by the fire at night and enjoy conversations. We will have an organized hikes and other excursions from the campsite
The weekend will include:
-2 nights/3 days at Vincroft Estate Private Campsite
-All Meals carefully and deliciously grilled to perfection. Fish, meat, salads, veggies, desserts. Breakfast (Sun/Mon), Dinner (Sat, Sun), Lunch Saturday. (menu below) Fresh bottled water is available all weekend.
-Soft drinks and adult beverages
-Snacks in single use packages
-Hiking, kayaking, equipment use, taxes, tips (Hikes will be moderate)
-If you do not have a tent, We have a limited number of Private Tents
Not Included: Lunch Sun/ Mon, train fare
Car rental: Enterprise and Avis have locations in Poughkeepsie if you wish to take the train. Both offer pick up service at the train station.
All you need to bring: sleeping bag or blanket, pillow, sunblock, hiking shoes or sturdy sneakers, bug spray, bathing suit, towel, flashlight, change of clothes.
Is there a bathroom? A private clean eco-composting toilet is on site. There is also a outdoor private hot water shower and faucet for washing/bathing (or you can bathe in the river)
Can I come alone? YES, YES, YES, 98% of the group will be coming on their own. There is no better trip that we run where you can really get to know people. If you feel uncomfortable we’ll take you back to the train station which is only 10 minutes away.
What to expect: 10 laid back, fun people enjoying the outdoors together doing various activities. Ages 20’s-40’s, singles/maybe a couple, even split men women.
Is it buggy? That depends on the weather. Bug spray is always recommended.
Are there bears? Not really in this area at all. You may see deer, chipmunks, wild turkeys.
Can I charge my personal electronics? There is no electricity at the campsite but we have a portable power inverter for that at the site that you can charge your personal electronics.
SOLD OUT: (using our transportation) $325 ($300 for VIP Members)
STILL AVAILABLE: Using your own transportation: $300 ($275 VIP members) This means you will be following our vehicle the whole weekend (not in our van).
Tent Rental $20
Refunds given only if the weekend is a washout and we do not go.
Weekend Menu will include:
Dinner (2 entrees each night buffet style)
- Grilled Steak/Grilled Fish/Chicken and pasta
- Vegetarian dishes will be avaialble
- A homemade dessert will be served after dinner each night
- Grilled eggs with veggies
- pancakes with fresh maple syrup
- fresh fruit
- Orange juice
- fresh baked blueberry muffins and fresh baked banana muffins
Lunch (Saturday only)
- burgers, dogs, grilled chicken, salads
Sample itinerary (subject to change)
Arrive by 11:45am at Train station or 12pm at campsite if driving
-1pm depart for hike
-4pm: Happy Hour on the dock,kayak, games, relax
-9pm: bonfire, cocktails, s’mores
-11:am: depart for local hike
-3pm Visit local Hard Cider Stand
-4pm: Happy Hour on the dock,Kayak, games, relax
-9pm: bonfire, cocktails, s’mores
-11am: relax, kayak, hike
-12pm: break camp
1pm: depart for train
In case of rain during any part of the weekend we will change plans to include some fun indoor activities.
- By registering for this event you acknowledge that you will be spending several days outdoors on undeveloped lands. There is always a chance that you will encounter unexpected weather, wildlife and environmental issues that are out of our control.
- The terrain at the campsite and other areas that we travel to may be uneven, slippery, muddy and is even more challenging to navigate when dark. This is why you will need a flashlight at all times after sundown.
- Swimming, kayaking or any activities on or near the river are at your own risk.
- By signing up for this event you take full responsibility for your actions and will not hold Dave Cervini Entertainment, their partners, agents or representatives harmless or liable for any injuries, accidents or losses as a result of your actions and decisions or acts of God or natural causes that occur during the trip.
- When you register you will be asked to electronically confirm that you understand all conditions and will also be asked to sign an agreement when you arrive.
If you agree please continue to the registration page
My venue content