You are not logged in.
8:45 am - 5:50 pm
New Paltz is one of New York State’s most visited small towns. Nestled along the base of the Shawangunk Mountain ridge there are amazing vistas, rivers, nature preserves, cool cafes and shops. This trip will take advantage of a little of what the area has to offer.
How it works:
- You can take the 8:45am train from Grand Central or points north to Poughkeepsie (or you can meet the group at the Poughkeepsie Train Station)
- Your guide will be at the top of the stairs at the station at 10:45am.
- From there you will hop into our SUV and start your adventure.
- We will hike/walk the 2 mile loop at the Nyquist-Harcourt Nature Preserve.
- From the Preserve we will walk through Historic Huguenot Street featuring the stone houses from the early 1700’s settlers.
- After the walk we will go to the village of New Paltz to a local café for lunch.
- Following lunch the group will have a short time to explore the shops.
- Before heading back to the train we will stop by a local farm stand.
- You will be on the 5:50pm train at the latest.
Space is limited to 6
About the Hike/Walk
The trail is 2 miles in the preserve then there will be another 1/2 mile of walking through Huguenot Street. The preserves is all flat. It can be muddy especially after a rain. Please wear comfortable shoes you don’t mind getting muddy.
COVID-19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- We will take temperatures upon arrival
- If you think you have been exposed or have recently tested positive please do not come.
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will ask that masks are worn while in close proximity to others if indoors or in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of the venue or location of the event.
Cost: $70 General Members / $60 Lifetime VIP Members
Includes: Transportation to and from Poughkeepsie Train Station. Guide fees, hiking fees all taxes, gratuities, credit card fees.
Not included: train fare, lunch, items purchased along the way.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You are welcome to bring as many nonmember guests, friends & coworkers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? It is always best to print out the ticket confirmation or save it on your devices as proof of purchase especially if you have purchased your ticket on the same day as the event..
Dress Code: At all events we ask that you use your best judgement based on the event. There are never jackets and ties required unless specifically stated. Keep it neat, be yourself and look your best. If the event is outdoors, dress for the weather
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract people in their 20s -40s although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who comes to these? Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out.
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content