You are not logged in.
Before you can reserve a spot, you must be a NYSN member. If you are a returning user please Sign in. New users please Sign up.
06/30/2023 - 07/02/2023
5:00 pm - 12:00 pm
This trip is great for novice and seasoned campers because we supply almost everything you need! We have the ultimate private campsite nestled on the shores of the pristine fresh water Hudson River near New Paltz, NY. We supply everything except a sleeping bag or blanket and pillow. Private tents are available, rental info below. You may also drive there or take the train.
Vinecroft Estate has 26 acres of secluded land on the shores of the Hudson River complete with a private dock, huge fire pit, boathouse, hiking trails, hammocks, horseshoe pits, BBQs, picnic tables, lounge chairs and more. There is nothing across the river but trees and nothing near the camp except the main house (10 minute walk). You will watch the sunrise each morning and be dazzled by the stars at night. Take the virtual campsite tour.
Activities Include: You can do all, nothing or something in between. Hiking, kayaking, swimming, canoeing, winery visits, relaxing by the river, delicious food, happy hours, conversations by the fire, games and more.
You will start your weekend by enjoying the relaxing train ride along the beautiful Hudson River to Poughkeepsie. Sit back, relax, read and avoid all the holiday traffic! You may also drive to campsite. We will enjoy the day on Sunday then break camp and have you back on the 2pm train on Sunday.
Using our transportation during the weekend: $325 ($300 for VIP Members)
Using your own Transportation during the weekend: $300 ($280 for VIP Members). This means that you will be following our van in your own vehicle during the weekend.
Tent rental $20
The weekend will include:
-2 nights/3 days at Vinecroft Estate private campsite. Departure is 12pm Sunday.
-All meals carefully and deliciously grilled to perfection. Fish, meat, salads, veggies, desserts, breakfast. Bottled water is available all weekend.
-Soft drinks and limited adult beverages
-Hiking, kayaking, winery trips, guides, park fees and donations, equipment use, taxes, tips (hikes will be moderate).
-Transportation from train station to all attractions
-We have a limited number of Private Tents to rent ($20 additional) Payable separately. Everyone has their own tent unless you have a friend to share with.
Not Included: Lunch Saturday ,winery fees, train fare
This trip is perfect for those who have never camped before.
Sorry No Dogs
All you need to bring: sleeping bag or blanket, pillow, sunblock, hiking shoes or sturdy sneakers, bug spray, bathing suit, towel, flashlight, change of clothes.
Is there a bathroom? A private clean eco-composting toilet is on site. There is also a outdoor private hot water shower and faucet for washing/bathing (or you can bathe in the river)
Can I come alone? YES, YES, YES, 98% of the group will be coming on their own. There is no better trip that we run where you can really get to know people. If you feel uncomfortable we’ll take you back to the train station which is only 10 minutes away.
What to expect: 12 laid back, fun people enjoying the outdoors together doing various activities. Ages 20s-40s, singles/maybe a couple, even split men and women.
Is it buggy? That depends on the weather. Bug spray is always recommended.
Are there bears? Not really in this area at all. You may see deer, chipmunks and/or wild turkeys.
Can I charge my personal electronics? There is no electricity at the campsite but we have a portable power inverter for that at the site that you can charge your personal electronics.
Refunds given only if the weekend is a washout and we do not go. You may also drive directly to the campsite. Taking the train keeps you out of holiday traffic jams.
Weekend Menu will include:
Dinner (2 entrees each nigh buffet style)
- Grilled steak/grilled fish, vegetarian chili, chicken, pasta, grilled veggies, fresh corn
- A homemade dessert will be served after dinner each night
- grilled eggs with veggies
- pancakes with fresh maple syrup
- fresh fruit
- orange juice
- fresh baked blueberry muffins and fresh baked banana muffins
- By registering for this event you acknowledge that you will be spending several days outdoors on undeveloped lands. There is always a chance that you will encounter unexpected weather, wildlife and environmental issues that are out of our control.
- The terrain at the campsite and other areas that we travel to may be uneven, slippery, muddy and is even more challenging to navigate when dark. This is why you will need a flashlight at all times after sundown.
- Swimming, kayaking or any activities on or near the river are at your own risk.
- By signing up for this event you take full responsibility for your actions and will not hold Dave Cervini Entertainment, their partners, agents or representatives harmless or liable for any injuries, accidents or losses as a result of your actions and decisions or acts of God or natural causes that occur during the trip.
- When you register you will be asked to electronically confirm that you understand all conditions and will also be asked to sign an agreement when you arrive.
If you agree please continue to the registration page
In case of rain during any part of the weekend we will change plans to include some fun indoor activities.
In accordance with current city and state protocols vaccination status or masks are not mandatory for this event. However, we do ask that participants act in a responsible manner and do not attend if feeling ill, showing symptoms or have been recently exposed to any of the current illnesses.. Mask wearing is optional unless the venue or city has mandated that. Everyone should respect the comfort levels of others as we transition into this next phase of socializing.
This event is nonrefundable unless canceled. If you have tested positive for Covid or are sick with any ailment that prohibits you from attending, we will do our best to provide you with credits for select future events with a copy of your positive test results or doctor’s note. Credits may or may not equal the cost of the event missed and may only be applied to events selected by NYSN.
Looking for more ways to get out of the city? Click here.
Venue: NYSN Private Campsite at Vinecroft Estate Esopus, NY