You are not logged in.
8:45 am - 5:50 pm
The Ridge to River Trail is a new path in New Paltz, NY that connects the Wallkill River to the Shawangunk (“The Gunks”) Mountain Ridge. It is a mostly paved and gravel carriage road that meanders through rolling hills, beautiful farmland and the woods on the edge of the ridge. If you are looking for an easy hike/walk that will get you some fresh air and out of the city with other fun people, this is the event for you!
How it works:
- When you register, we will send you all the details you need to know on how to meet the group.
- You may take 8:45am Metro-North train to Poughkeepsie or drive to meet the group at the train station.
- Your guide will pick you up and drive you to all the activities then back to the train.
What to expect:
- 7 members and friends will be attending.
- From the train station the group will stop at a local deli to pick up food and enjoy lunch alongside the Hudson River.
- After lunch we will head to the walk/hike
- We will finish the day with a visit to Bad Seed Hard Cider Mill for snacks and samples.
- You will be on the 5:50pm train back at the latest.
About the hike:
The River to Ridge trail is possibly the easiest walk that we have. Terrain-wise it would be a level 1 or 2 (out of 10) difficulty however it is 6 miles of walking. If you think you can handles 6 miles sign up! The path is a carriage road with is packed gravel. We start at the Wallkill River and walk to the base of the mountain ridge. (sneakers are fine). There are a few inclines that are minor uphill. It is mostly out and back with 2 sections of small loops.
Cost: $85 general members / $75 VIP Members.
Included: transportation from Poughkeepsie train station to all activities. Hike & guide fees, gratuities,
Not Included: train fare, lunch, hard cider samples.
Recommended ages: 21+. The main demographic will be 30s and 40s but there will be many 20s and even 50s so those folks will feel right at home.
Can I come alone? Yes, most guests do! It’s a great way to meet new people.
Dress: Business casual/neat
Questions? Email Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212.873.2256, M-F 10am to 4pm.
Nonrefundable unless canceled.
Looking for more outdoor adventures? Click here.
My venue content