You are not logged in.
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Want to get out, socialize, learn about the city and enjoy the iconic holiday decorations in NYC? Join NYSN founder Dave Cervini for a stroll through midtown as he shows you things you may have never known about the history of the area from 34th Street to Rockefeller Center. Along the way you will see amazing photos of NYC then and now plus the Macy’s windows, Bryant Park Christmas tree, 6th Avenue lights, Radio City and the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree. If you don’t say, “oh wow!” at least once during the tour we will give your money back! Our tour officially ends at the Saks 5th Avenue windows, but you are welcome to explore the special 5th Avenue Holiday Street Fair from 48th-57th Streets!
How it works.
- We will meet in front of Tir Na Nog at 254 West 31st Street.
- The tour will last about 2 hours.
- At the end of the tour the group is welcome to find a local pub for food and drink.
- History of the original Penn Station in all its majesty
- Macy’s, Herald Square, Empire State Building and surrounding area
- Broadway: 34th Street to Times Square
- Bryant Park tree and holiday shops, the old reservoir & graveyard
- Avenue of the Americas and elevated trains, corporate decorations
- Radio City, Rock Center Christmas tree and Saks 5th Avenue windows and St Pat’s
Cost: $25 General Members / $15 NYSN Lifetime VIP members. Refunds will be given only if the tour is canceled due to weather.
Can I come alone? Yes, most guests do! It’s a great way to meet new people.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather
Questions? Email Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.873.2256, M-F 10am to 4pm.
Nonrefundable unless canceled.
In accordance with current city and state protocols vaccination status or masks are not mandatory for this event. However, we do ask that participants act in a responsible manner and do not attend if feeling ill, showing symptoms or have been recently exposed to any of the current illnesses.. Mask wearing is optional unless the venue or city has mandated that. Everyone should respect the comfort levels of others as we transition into this next phase of socializing.
This event is nonrefundable unless canceled. If you have tested positive for Covid or are sick with any ailment that prohibits you from attending, we will do our best to provide you with credits for select future events with a copy of your positive test results or doctor’s note. Credits may or may not equal the cost of the event missed and may only be applied to events selected by NYSN.
Looking for more ways to enjoy NYC? Click here.
Venue: Tir Na Nog West 31st
My venue content