You are not logged in.
11:50 am - 4:00 pm
If you are looking for some fresh air, great views, a good workout and conversations that are not on Zoom, we will we inviting a limited number of people on a Social Distancing History Hike on The Walkway over The Hudson State Park and into Fanny Reese State Park. The entire loop is about 5 1/2 miles and is mostly flat with well defined paths and one steep staircase. Along the way you guide will share the history and details of the bridges and surround area. There is no communal travel. You can get there on the train or car by yourself. Once we are there everything is within walking distance of the train station.
Here’s the deal:
- You will need to meet the group at The Poughkeepsie Train Station at 11:50am. You can take the 9:45am Metro North train or drive and park there.
- You will then take a brief walk through town to the entrance to the Mid Hudson Bridge. At the end of the bridge we will enter Fanny Reese State Park that has interesting trails along the hillside and the river with more great views.
- When we leave the park we will take a short break at the Pizza and Ice Cream shop at the entrance to the Walkway Over The Hudson State Park. The Walkway is an old rail bridge built in 1889 that was converted into a pedestrian park in 2009 with amazing views. They call it “The Higher Line”
- At the end of the walkway it is about a 10 minute walk back to the train station.
- The entire process with take 3-4 hours.
- You must wear a face mask when interacting with others.
- We must all keep a safe distance on the walkway and on the hike.
- Please take your temperature on the morning of the hike. If you have any inclination that you may have been exposed or feel sick do not come.
What to bring:
- 1-2 liters of water
- Comfortable shoes or hiking boots
- You may bring a bag lunch or purchase slices at the pizza place
Cost: $20 General members / $10 Lifetime VIP members. (Includes guide fee only)
Limit 10 people.
What to wear: Dress for the weather. Hiking shoes are recommended.
Can I come alone? Yes, 99% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list with your guide If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment.
Dress Code: dress for the weather. Hiking or comfortable shoes a must.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled due to bad weather.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.