You are not logged in.
8:45 am - 5:50 pm
Cement from Rosendale, NY was regarded as the the best cement in the world. The foundations of the Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty and Federal Hall were all made with Rosendale Cement. By the 1970’s quicker drying cement became more desirable and the mines were forced to close leaving Rosendale a ghost town. Today Rosedale is making a come back and the area where the mines are are now beautiful hiking trails where you can see the old cement factory from the early 1800’s as well as peek in the cement mines which are dug into the side of the cliffs (more like caves). Join a small group of NYSN members and friends as we enjoy a day out of the city and explore a little history. We will explore the mines (more like caves), walk the grounds, check out the Rosendale Train bridge then explore the Hudson Valley with visits to a farm stand and local Winery
How it works:
- You will take the 8:45am Metro North Train from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie (or drive to meet us at the train station).
- Your guide will pick you up and bring you to the Widow Jane Mine Hike.
- On the hike the group will stop for lunch ( bring your own or purchase up there)
- After the hike we will go to The Rosendale Train Bridge that is now converted into a pedestrian walkway.
- Before going back to the train we will stop at a local farm stand and hard cider mill.
- You will be brought back to the train station for the 5:50pm at the latest.
Hike level: 2 (out of 10). The hike is mostly on smooth paths and not many hills. Sneakers are fine. The hike is only about 1 mile.
Is It Dangerous? No, they actually use the old mines for concerts and performances. They are more like large caves. There are no mine shafts.
What to bring: sunblock, 1 liter of water, lunch (unless you purchase upstate). backpack to hold anything you may purchase along the way.
Cost: $75 general members $65 VIP members
Included: transportation to and from Poughkeepsie train station to all activities, hiking fees, guide fee all taxes and tips. Wine tasting
Not included: Train fare, lunch, anything you purchase along the way.
Covid 19 Protocols:
- Please do not come if you have been exposed. You may cancel up to one week for a refund. Within one week you will be given a credit to use for selected events.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- Trip limited to 10 people so there is spacing in the van.
- Face masks must be worn in the van and while within close proximity on the hike and at cafe.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? No we will have you name on our list
Dress Code: Check the weather for Kingston NY and dress for the weather.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content