You are not logged in.
7:40 am - 4:00 pm
Get out of the city for some fresh air and exercise at the breathtaking Peter’s Kill Trail at Lake Minnewaska. Your journey will begin with the famous trip up the Hudson River Line on Metro North (or you can drive to meet the group). The day will also include a trip to a local bakery for a delicious Hot Chocolate after the hike and a visit to a local hard cider farm.
How it works:
- Register and we will send you very specific details which will include…
- Take the 7:42am train from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie or you can drive to meet the group at Poughkeepsie train station.
- Our guide will pick you up in Poughkeepsie and bring you to the hike.
- The group will stop for lunch somewhere prior to or during the hike depending on the weather.
- Following the hike we will stop at “The Bakery” in New Paltz for some of their delicious Hot Cocoa. (and maybe some snacks)
- Before heading to the train we’ll stop at the Bad Seed Hard Cider Farm for some samples of their Hard Ciders.
- You will be on the 4:50pm train home an the latest.
Cost: $85 General members $75 Lifetime VIP members: includes transportation from Poughkeepsie train station to all activities, guide fees, park fee, taxes, tips and service charges from CC company.
Not included: Since not everyone will be taking the train, train fare is not included. Lunch. (you may bring your own or order from a local deli) anything you purchase during the trip.
About the hike:
This is a level 4-5 hike. It is about 3 miles. There are rocks and roots on the path in some places and there will be leaves on the ground that may make it a little slippery. You will experience the exertion of walking up 10 flights of stairs two separate times for the uphill portions. There are spectacular views from the top of the cliffs and beautiful cascading mini waterfalls in the “kill” (creek).
Can I come alone? Yes, most guests do! It’s a great way to meet new people.
Do I need a ticket? Your name will be on the list when you arrive.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather. Hiking shoes strongly recommended. Please no sneakers
Questions? Email Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212.873.2256, M-F 10am to 4pm.
Nonrefundable unless canceled.
Looking for more Outdoor Adventures ? Click here.
My venue content