You are not logged in.
8:45 am - 5:00 pm
Get out of the city for some fresh air and exercise at the breathtaking Peter’s Kill Trail at Lake Minnewaska. Your journey will begin with the famous trip up the Hudson River Line on Metro North (or you can drive to meet the group). We will follow Covid guidelines and limit the number of people attending to 10 to ensure spacing in our van. The day will also include a trip to a local bakery for a delicious Hot Chocolate after the hike and a visit to a local hard cider farm.
How it works:
- Register and we will send you very specific details which will include…
- Take the 8:45am train from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie or you can drive to meet the group at Poughkeepsie train station.
- Our guide will pick you up in Poughkeepsie and bring you to the hike.
- The group will stop for lunch somewhere prior to or during the hike depending on the weather.
- Following the hike we will stop at “The Bakery” in New Paltz for some of their delicious Hot Cocoa. (and maybe some snacks)
- Before heading to the train we’ll stop at the Bad Seed Hard Cider Farm for some samples of their Hard Ciders.
- You will be on the 4:50pm train home.
Cost: $75 General members $65 Lifetime VIP members: includes transportation from Poughkeepsie train station to all activities, guide fees, park fee, taxes, tips and service charges from CC company.
Not included: Since not everyone will be taking the train, train fare is not included. Lunch. (you may bring your own or order from a local deli) anything you purchase during the trip.
About the hike:
This is a level 4-5 hike. It is about 3 miles. There are rocks and roots on the path in some places and there will be leaves on the ground that may make it a little slippery. You will experience the exertion of walking up 10 flights of stairs two separate times for the uphill portions. There are spectacular views from the top of the cliffs and beautiful cascading mini waterfalls in the “kill” (creek).
Covid 19 Protocols:
- Please do not come if you have been exposed. You may cancel up to one week for a refund. Within one week you will be given a credit to use for selected events.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- Event limited to 10 people so there is space for everyone to be safe.
- Face masks must be worn while within close proximity..
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? Your name will be on the list when you arrive.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather. Hiking shoes strongly recommended.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content