You are not logged in.
8:45 am - 4:50 pm
Lake Minnewaska is one of the most beautiful hiking destinations in NY State. The Beacon Hill trail is a moderate 4 mile hike loop that brings you along the cliffs overlooking the Hudson Valley as well as Lake Minnewaska nestled in those same cliffs. Following the hike we will stop at a local orchard/farm stand for fresh fruits and veggies.
How it works:
- Register and we will send you very specific info on where to meet and what to bring.
- You may take Metro-North, Amtrak or drive to meet the group at the Poughkeepsie train station at 10:40am.
- Your guide will pick you up in Poughkeepsie and bring you to all the activities.
- You will be back on the 4:50pm train at the latest.
- 10:48am pick up at Poughkeepsie train station
- Pick up lunch at local deli if you did not bring your own
- Travel to Lake Minnewaska
- Enjoy lunch near the lake
- Hike is approx. 4 miles (2.5 hours)
- Following the hike we will visit a local farm stand
- Depart for 4:50pm train at the latest
How hard is the hike?: This is a moderate hike level 5 out of 10. This hike is mainly on a gravel carriage path and then a walk along the cliffs. You will need to negotiate rocks and roots and some inclines. There could also be some mud and slippery leaves. Please note that the actual trail may vary depending on conditions. You should be in good shape and have hiking shoes.
Length: Approximately 4.0 miles
Max elevation: 1,768 ft. of the cliffs – total elevation gain you will actually hike is approximately 443 ft.
Cost: $70 includes ($60 VIP Members): transportation to and from the Poughkeepsie train station, park fees, guide fees, taxes and gratuities.
Not included: Lunch, train fare (you may also drive to meet the group at the train station).
- Please do not come if you have been exposed. You may cancel up to one week for a refund. Within one week you will be given a credit to use for selected events.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- Event limited to 6 people so there is space for everyone to be safe. We will be traveling with 6 people in an 8 passenger SUV. That gives a space between each person. Windows open and heat blower on.
- Face masks must be worn while within close proximity..
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You are welcome to bring as many nonmember guests, friends & coworkers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? We will have your name on our list.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather. Check the National Weather Service ONLY. They do not alter forecast for advertising. https://www.weather.gov/ New Paltz NY Location. Hiking shoes recommended.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract people in their 20s – 40s although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who comes to these? Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out.
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content