You are not logged in.
Before you can reserve a spot, you must be a NYSN member. If you are a returning user please Sign in. New users please Sign up.
06/11/2021 - 06/13/2021
5:30 pm - 12:45 pm
Please note that we will be following all the latest COVID-19 guidelines to keep everyone safe (Details below).
This trip is great for novice and seasoned campers because we supply almost everything you need! We have the ultimate private campsite nestled on the shores of the pristine fresh water Hudson River near New Paltz, NY. We supply everything except a sleeping bag or blanket and pillow. Private tents are available–rental info below.
Vinecroft Estate has 18 acres of private secluded land on the shores of the Hudson River complete with a private dock, huge fire pit, boathouse, hiking trails, hammocks, horseshoe pits, BBQ’s, picnic tables, lounge chairs and more. There is nothing across the river but trees and nothing near the camp except the main house (10 minute walk). You will watch the sunrise each morning and be dazzled by the stars at night. Take the virtual campsite tour.
Activities Include: You can do all, nothing or something in between: Hiking, kayaking, swimming, canoeing, winery visits, relaxing by the river, delicious food, happy hours, conversations by the fire, games and more.
You will start your weekend by enjoying the relaxing train ride along the beautiful Hudson River Line to Poughkeepsie. Sit back, relax, read and avoid all the traffic! You may also drive to campsite.
COVID-19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- If you have been vaccinated please show the host your vaccination card or Excelsior app.
- If you have not been vaccinated, please do not come if you have been exposed or have recently tested positive.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will ask that masks are worn while in close proximity to others or in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of the venue or location of the event.
- In some cases we may create segregated sections for portions of the event so that those who are vaccinated can enjoy a mask-less experience.
Friday – Sunday:
(using our transportation) $325 ($300 for VIP Members)
Using your own transportation: $300 ($275 VIP members)
Tent Rental $20
If you are driving you may access the campsite anytime after 6pm. Departure on Sunday is the 1:54pm train
The weekend will include:
-2 nights/2 days at Vinecroft Estate private campsite.
-All meals carefully and deliciously grilled to perfection. Fish, meat, salads, veggies, desserts. Breakfast (Sat/Sun, Dinner (Fri/Sat). (Menu below) BBQ lunch (Sat), fresh bottled water is available all weekend.
-Soft drinks and adult beverages
-Hiking, kayaking, wineries, guides, park fees and donations, equipment use, taxes, tips (Hikes will be moderate)
-Transportation from train station to all attractions
-We have a limited number of private tents to rent ($20 additional), payable separately.
Not Included: Lunch Sunday, winery fees, train fare
This trip is perfect for those who have never camped before.
All you need to bring: sleeping bag or blanket, pillow, sunblock, hiking shoes or sturdy sneakers, bug spray, bathing suit, towel, flashlight, change of clothes.
Is there a bathroom? A private clean eco-composting toilet is on site. There is also a outdoor private hot water shower and faucet for washing/bathing (or you can bathe in the river)
Can I come alone? YES, YES, YES, 98% of the group will be coming on their own. There is no better trip that we run where you can really get to know people. If you feel uncomfortable we’ll take you back to the train station which is only 10 minutes away.
How Do I Get There: Take the 4:45pm train from Grand Central (or points north) to Poughkeepsie, NY. You guide will pick you up there. You may also drive yourself directly to the campsite.
What to expect: A small group of laidback, fun people enjoying the outdoors together doing various activities. Ages 20s-40s, singles/maybe a couple, even split men women.
Is it buggy? That depends on the weather. Bug spray is always recommended.
Are there bears? Not really in this area at all. You may see deer, chipmunks, wild turkeys.
Can I charge my personal electronics? There is no electricity at the campsite but we have a portable power inverter for that at the site that you can charge your personal electronics.
Refunds given only if the weekend is a washout and we do not go.
Weekend menu will include:
Dinner (2 entrees each night buffet style) Fri, Sat. Includes:
- grilled steak/grilled fish, vegetarian chili, chicken, pasta, grilled veggies. fresh corn
- A homemade dessert will be served after dinner each night
- grilled eggs with veggies
- pancakes with fresh maple syrup
- fresh fruit
- orange juice
- fresh baked blueberry muffins and fresh baked banana muffins
- hot dogs
- grilled chicken legs
- potato, mac Salad
Adult beverages will be provided with meals.
- By registering for this event you acknowledge that you will be spending several days outdoors on undeveloped lands. There is always a chance that you will encounter unexpected weather, wildlife and environmental issues that are out of our control.
- The terrain at the campsite and other areas that we travel to may be uneven, slippery, muddy and is even more challenging to navigate when dark. This is why you will need a flashlight at all times after sundown.
- Swimming, kayaking or any activities on or near the river are at your own risk.
- By signing up for this event you take full responsibility for your actions and will not hold Dave Cervini Entertainment, their partners, agents or representatives harmless or liable for any injuries, accidents or losses as a result of your actions and decisions or acts of God or natural causes that occur during the trip.
- When you register you will be asked to electronically confirm that you understand all conditions and will also be asked to sign an agreement when you arrive.
If you agree please continue to the registration page
In case of rain during any part of the weekend we will change plans to include some fun indoor activities.
Venue: NYSN Private Campsite at Vinecroft Estate Esopus, NY