You are not logged in.
9:45 am - 5:45 pm
The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) is the world’s premier culinary institute in Hyde Park, NY. Enjoy a day out of the city with other members of the group as we dine at American Bounty Restaurant for lunch, walk off the calories during a tour of the famous Vanderbilt Mansion overlooking the Hudson River and enjoy a hard cider tasting at a local cidery. COVID-19 guidelines for the campus will be observed (see below).
Please note that all CIA restaurants have Bluezone® air purification systems. Bluezone technology is U.S. Military tested and uses germicidal UV light to eliminate airborne contaminants such as viruses, bacteria, and mold.
How it works:
- Take the 9:45am Metro-North train from Grand Central or points north to Poughkeepsie, NY (65 miles north of NYC). You may also drive to meet the group at the train station.
- Your guide will pick you up and bring you to the CIA campus overlooking the Hudson River.
- Enjoy lunch and a limited tour of the campus.
- Following lunch we will bring you to The Vanderbilt Mansion
- Next we will visit Bad Seed Cidery for samples of their Cider.
- You will be back on the 5:50pm train at the latest.
Cost: $165 General admission ($155 lifetime VIP members) includes 3 course lunch, 1 soft drink or cocktail, the Vanderbilt Mansion tour, wine tasting, transportation to and from the train station to all activities. (Space is limited to 8)
Not Included: Train fare, items purchased outside of our package. Since not everyone drinks alcohol the tasting at the cider is pay as you go.
COVID-19 Protocols: Vaccinated
We ask for your cooperation and understanding during this unusual time. Our guidelines are designed so that we can continue bringing together as many people as safely as possible. If you do not agree with the guidelines we have set below you may wish to consider another event.
- This event has been posted as a Vaccinated Only
- You will need to show your vaccination card or Excelsior app upon arrival. (photo of your card is acceptable)
- As per NYC guidelines facemasks are recommended when with our group indoors if not eating or drinking.
- If you choose not to wear a mask while indoors please respect those that do and understand that those people may not wish to socialize with you.
- If you do not have proof of vaccination you will not be admitted. No refund.
Menu (Choose 1 each from Starters, Mains and Dessert)
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You are welcome to bring as many nonmember guests, friends & coworkers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? We will have your name on our list. No need for a ticket.
Dress Code: Keep it neat, be yourself and look your best. There is no dress code for the restaurant. Be comfortable and casual. Wear sneakers or comfortable shoes
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract people in their 20s, 30s and 40s although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who comes to these? Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content