You are not logged in.
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
A fun social walk through the highlights (and lowlights ) of the Financial District covering the 1600s through today. The tour will last about 90 minutes and end at an outdoor tavern where we can enjoy food and drink.
What to expect:
- Up to 20 NYSN members and friends interested in socializing and learning some cool history.
- We cover Bowling Green to Duane Street
- You will see amazing actual photos of NYC then and now.
- Everyone on the tour will be locals!
-Fraunces Tavern, Old Dutch settlements, historic buildings and parks, cemeteries, Bowling Green, Wall Street, City Hall plus the dirt on all the murders, suicides, hangings, prisons and other fun spooky stuff that happened there. (Not presented in a depressing way–we promise!)
COVID-19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- We will take temperatures upon arrival
- If you think you have been exposed or have recently tested positive please do not come.
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will ask that masks are worn while in close proximity to others if indoors or in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of the venue or location of the event.
$30 ($20 for VIP Members) includes the tour only.
Can I come alone? Yes, 95% of those attending will likely come on their own.
How scary is this tour? The incidents and reports of hauntings are all documented occurrences. We will tell you the stories but make it fun–not gruesome!
How should I dress? We will be outside most of the night so bundle up. We will go even if there is a light rain (that will make it more gloomy!).
What is the track of the tour? The group will meet at Fraunces Tavern in the Financial District and end near City Hall. This is essentially a version of our regular Financial District tour in case you have been on that one. The tour will last about 90 minutes and end at a tavern where we can enjoy food and drink.
What if it rains? We will keep you posted.