You are not logged in.
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Please note that we will enforce strict Covid precautions at this event (see below).
With stunning views of New York City, Governor’s Island is at the heart of New York Harbor nestled between Lower Manhattan and the Brooklyn waterfront.
Explore the island with a Scavenger Hunt Twist! It is a fun way to explore the island and meet new people. You will take a journey through the dozens of unique historic buildings, environmental/outdoor educational areas, discover the rich arts and culture of the island, embrace the outdoors and even see the sheep brought there to help control the invasive plants!
Can you believe Gov Island is just 8 minutes from the energy and excitement of the City? Don’t miss out! Governor’s Island officially closes to the public November 1st.
How It Works:
- We will meet at The Battery Maritime Building, located at 10 South Street at 11:00 AM and we will take the ferry over together (we have your ferry ticket! NO NEED to reserve on your own).
- Come alone or with friends, we will set up the teams!
- Each team will have 90 minutes to find as many clues as they can on the island (clues will be in historical markers, wildlife, tourists, statues, and hidden secrets)
- At the end, each team will end at a specific location to see which group has uncovered the most clues to win prizes!
- After the prizes are awarded, you will have an hour to enjoy the island before we head back to the ferry/Manhattan!
Covid 19 Protocols:
- Please do not come if you have been exposed. You may cancel up to one week for a refund. Within one week you will be given a credit to use for selected events.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- Hunt limited to 20 people with teams of up to 5 per team. All participants must maintain social distancing when registering and doing the hunt.
- Face masks must be worn at all times when in close proximity.
What if it rains?
Refunds will be given if the event is canceled due to rain.
Cost: $25 general members / $15 VIP Members
Is this going to be hard or do I need experience? No this is a fun hunt and designed to make the clues easy to find.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list at the door. If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment. If registering with a voucher follow the instruction on the voucher. If you registered and paid a confirmation email will be sent to you when you registered and on the day of the event.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather you will be outside for 90 minutes
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
My venue content