You are not logged in.
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The Ascension School Homeless Shelter is a non sectarian shelter for a specially prescreened group of homeless who are in a program through www.camba.org. Help set up beds, cook, serve meals and get to meet these very appreciative people. No experience is necessary!
How it works
- You will meet the group at the shelter at 5:45pm.
- You will participate in preparing the meals and setting up beds, handing out sheets, cleanup, serving meals, etc.
- The entire process takes about 2.5 hours.
- Your $20 donation covers the cost of the food and supplies that the homeless enjoy that night.
- Please only sign up for this event if you are 100% sure you can attend.
- You will get to eat what we cook for the participants.
- Please do not sign up for this event if there is a chance you will not come. We need every pair of hands available.
Can I come alone? Yes, most of our volunteers sign up alone.
What to expect: We will be a team of 10 people and the only volunteers that night. Dave Cervini will coordinate all the activities. You can set up beds, set up the tables, help chop veggies, mix things or cook.
Dress Code: Casual. No sandals or open toe shoes. If you have long hair please bring a baseball cap.
Questions? Email Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212.873.2256, M-F 10am to 4pm.
Nonrefundable unless canceled.
In accordance with current city and state protocols vaccination status or masks are not mandatory for this event. However, we do ask that participants act in a responsible manner and do not attend if feeling ill, showing symptoms or have been recently exposed to any of the current illnesses.. Mask wearing is optional unless the venue or city has mandated that. Everyone should respect the comfort levels of others as we transition into this next phase of socializing.
This event is nonrefundable unless canceled. If you have tested positive for Covid or are sick with any ailment that prohibits you from attending, we will do our best to provide you with credits for select future events with a copy of your positive test results or doctor’s note. Credits may or may not equal the cost of the event missed and may only be applied to events selected by NYSN.
Curious about other events? Click here.
Venue: Ascension Shelter Kitchen
My venue content