You are not logged in.
6:00 pm - 10:30 pm
IF YOU ARE REGISTERING AFTER 8am ON JULY 4th PLEASE READ THE MEETING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AT THE END OF THIS POSTING. YOU WILL NOT BE SENT A CONFIRMATION EMAIL PLEASE HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION RECORD AS PROOF OF REGISTRATION. The Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks are the biggest and the best in the country! If you are in town and want to join a fun group of NYSN members and friends to enjoy the spectacle sign up today! This year we will gather in Little Italy f0r an indoor pre fireworks party with a short walk to the East River where the fireworks are! Join us at Forlini’s for drinks and socializing from 6pm-8pm. At around 8pm we will walk east to the river to find a space to watch.
Here is how it works:
-Sign up for the PRE- Fireworks party.
-Join us at the Forlini’s Restaurant at 93 Baxter Street (just south of canal) anytime between between 6pm-8pm.
-Enjoy drink specials, ice breaker, light appetizers, games and prizes and a fun group to watch the fireworks with.
Please note that you will NOT be able to see the fireworks from the venue that we will have the pre-party at. Once at the river it will be very crowded and a bit chaotic. We will have everyone in our group wearing glow bands so you know who everyone is.
****Please wear comfortable shoes. After we leave the bar there will be a 20 minute walk to the river and you may be standing for a while until the fireworks begin at 9:20pm******
Is there food? Forlini’s is one of the oldest and best Italian restaurants in Little Italy. The have a delicious menu. You can order at the bar or grab some friends and sit in the dining room. If you plan to eat get there early as it will be busy. If you plan to have dinner please get there closer to 6pm.
Can I come alone? Yes 98% of those attending will come on their own. We expect over 150 people between both locations.
Dress code: Summer casual
How will I find the group? We will have signs.
What if it rains? The fireworks are rain or shine. You re paying for the party not the fireworks (Macy’s is paying for them!)
Could we get a closer place? All the bars near the seaport would be too crowded to have a group of our size. Once at the river you can get as close as you want to the river for the fireworks. If you wish to venture away from the group to get closer you can. We expect 100+ for our group
Can I just come for the party and not see the fireworks? Yes
Age restriction: 21+ Only. Age ranges: will be mostly 20’s-40’s.
Cost: $10 general admission free for VIP members (non refundable)
Please note: This event involves long periods of time standing at the party and waiting for the fireworks. There is also a 15/20 minute walk from the party to the place where we will be viewing. There are no seats at the viewing site and no bathrooms.
Doors open at 6pm.
Thanks for signing up for the Fireworks event. Here is the info you will need for the night.
Remember that this is a PRE Fireworks Party. You will not be able to see the fireworks from the restaurant.
Julia & Stephanie will be your hosts, there to check you in, make introductions, pass out glow bracelets, coordinate ice breaker and guide you to the fireworks.
1. Forlini’s is at 93 Baxter street About 25 yards south of Canal Street. The N,R,Q, & 6 trains stop at Canal about 2 blocks away.
1. Food is available for order at Forlini’s. If you wish to eat, you can order from their menu but get there closer to 6pm. There will be light appetizers early in the evening. Ice breaker games will happen around 7:15pm
2. Please wear comfortable shoes as you will be standing for a long time when you get to the river to watch the display.
3. Remember that you will not be watching the fireworks from Forlini’s. Whoever wants to watch the fireworks can walk over with our group to the FDR Drive which is several blocks away some time after 8pm (or you can walk over on your own).
4. If you come after the group goes to the viewing area you will be challenged to find the group. It will be VERY crowded at the river.
5. There are no bathrooms at the river
6. As stated in the event description, The actual Fireworks barges are around the Seaport and you will be standing north of that. If you wish to find a better place that is closer once the group gets to the river you can do that.
If you are signing up after 1pm 7/4 please have your receipt with you.
My venue content