You are not logged in.
Before you can reserve a spot, you must be a NYSN member. If you are a returning user please Sign in. New users please Sign up.
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
There is no better way to socialize than by sharing a meal with a fun group of people. Add in a good mystery and a little friendly competition and you have the recipe for an amazing night of conversations, great food and fun! This week’s mystery: The Deadly Dating App Murder Mystery.
How it works:
- When you arrive at the venue our hosts will greet you, introduce you to the others and randomly seat you at the table.
- We will create teams of 3-4 people for the actual mystery part.
- You will have a chance to order from the menu (order as much or as little as you’d like–meal is not included).
- Once you have placed your order each team will get to work trying to solve the mystery for that night.
- Each mystery has a collection of 20-30 clues that follows a story where someone winds up finding their demise or missing. Each team will be able to find the answers to the clues via online searches or common knowledge. You will need to bring a smartphone or laptop.
- Each team will have 30 minutes to solve the mystery. The meal will be delayed so that it is ready by the time you have submitted your answers.
- While you are enjoying talking about your experiences in finding the answers and eating, your host will tally up the scores and announce the winners!
Cost: $15 General Members / $10 Lifetime VIP members. Includes admission only. Food and drinks will be billed on separate checks. Pay as you go.
How hard is the mystery?
Each mystery is designed to be fun and easy. They are also slightly educational with historical and geographical information.
This Month’s Story:
The Deadly Dating App Murder
Timothy Tinder is a dating app junkie. Covid has been killing his online dating game and he’s dying to get out on some dates! With the infection rates going down he finally gets his wish and books several encounters with women he met through various dating apps. Follow Timothy’s journey where instead of getting swept off his feet, he winds up 6 feet under!
Can I come alone? Yes, most guests do! It’s a great way to meet new people.
Dress Code: Casual–wear green if you please!
Questions? Email Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.873.2256, M-F 10am to 4pm.
Nonrefundable unless canceled.
In accordance with current city and state protocols vaccination status or masks are not mandatory for this event. However, we do ask that participants act in a responsible manner and do not attend if feeling ill, showing symptoms or have been recently exposed to any of the current illnesses.. Mask wearing is optional unless the venue or city has mandated that. Everyone should respect the comfort levels of others as we transition into this next phase of socializing.
This event is nonrefundable unless canceled. If you have tested positive for Covid or are sick with any ailment that prohibits you from attending, we will do our best to provide you with credits for select future events with a copy of your positive test results or doctor’s note. Credits may or may not equal the cost of the event missed and may only be applied to events selected by NYSN.
Looking for more murder mystery fun? CLICK HERE.
Venue: Playwright Irish Pub West 35th