You are not logged in.
8:45 am - 4:45 pm
Fall is a beautiful time in the Hudson Valley. Beautiful foliage, awesome sights, crisp fresh air and great German style food are all on the menu for this special Oktoberfest Day trip. We’ll be utilizing the grounds of the NYSN private campsite at The Vinecroft Estate in Esopus, NY and enjoy a fairly easy hike surrounded by amazing fall foliage. Leaf peepers–this is for you! There will also be a trip to a local orchard and a walk over The Walkway Across The Hudson State Park.
What to expect:
- You may take the 8:45am Metro-North train or drive to meet the group in Poughkeepsie, NY. at 10:48am
- From there your guide will pick you up in our van and bring you to an easy level 3-4 hike at a local nature preserve. Approx. 2 miles. (1 hour 30 minutes) Shaupeneak Ridge Hike or Slabsides.
- Following the hike we will enjoy an Oktoberfest meal with all the fixin’s at our private campsite (menu below).
- After the hike visit a local orchard where you can pick your own apples and get fresh fall veggies and sample Hard Ciders.
- After the farm stand you will have the option to go back to the train or be brought to the Walkway Across the Hudson State Park for stunning views of the valley.
- You will be on the 4:50pm or 5:50pm train back to NYC.
Menu: Bratwurst, Knockwurst, Weisswurst (all pork based), Potato Pancakes, Wienerschnitzel, sauerkraut, red cabbage, German beer, hot & cold apple cider, water. . *Sorry this is not vegetarian friendly*
Cost: $140 ($125 Lifetime VIP members) includes: transportation to and from the train station to all activities, hiking fees, guide fees, Oktoberfest meal, beverages, all taxes and tips.
Not included: Train fare, items you may purchase.
What to bring: 1 liter of water for hike, comfortable hiking shoes or sturdy sneakers with treads, backpack.
How hard is the hike? It is a level 4 out of 10. There are some inclines and rocks and roots along the path.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own.
Do I need a ticket? We will have a list of everyone who registered and paid.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled due to dangerous weather conditions .
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content