You are not logged in.
Before you can reserve a spot, you must be a NYSN member. If you are a returning user please Sign in. New users please Sign up.
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join us for this special edition of our famous Bar tending Class where we focus on special cocktails that will warm you up. A Hot Toddy, Hot Buttered Rum, Hot Apple Pie and Mulled Wine will all be on the menu for this winter-themed class! Your professional instructor will teach you the mechanics of what goes into bar tending plus you will also learn a few tricks, hear some strange stories, and get a list of drink recipes! You can mix along with the instructor or just watch and use your new skills to make drinks for you, your friends, and your family for the holidays.
NYSN founder Dave Cervini was a professional before his radio career and has continued to teach this class for over 20 years! Dave will welcome you, introduce you to others at the meeting and get the conversation going! This is one of his favorite events!
How it works:
- Register and we will send you the link to log in for our Zoom meeting.
- You can mix along with us or just take notes and choose the drinks you want to make after the class.
- We will provide you with a list of ingredients if you wish to participate.
Cost: $10 General members / $5 Lifetime VIP Members
If you decide to participate in mixing here are the items you will need.
- 1 oz shot glass, jigger ans measuring cup
- Mugs or heat tempered glassware to mix drinks in.
- You will need to melt butter and boil water and wine so stove, pots, microwave are useful.
For the drinks:
- Mulled Wine: 2 Cups bottle Red Cabernet/Sauvignon wine, 1 orange, 6 whole cloves, 5 cinnamon sticks, 3 star anise, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup brandy.
- Hot Toddy: water, 1 ½ ounces whiskey, honey, lemon juice, 1 lemon, 1 cinnamon stick
- Hot Buttered Rum: brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, dark rum, water.
- Hot Apple Pie: Apple cider, spiced rum, cinnamon, whipped cream
How do I participate?
When you register we will send you a code to join or Zoom meeting and all the information you will need to participate. You will need a device with a camera and microphone.
Can I attend alone?
Right now 99.9% of those participating attend alone.
What if I have a roommate, friend, family member, or significant other with me that wants to participate too? We ask that you pay for each person that is participating.
How Many are expected?
Most of our virtual events have 10 to 20 participants unless otherwise specified.
Who participates in these?
The demographics of our online events are varied unless we have specific criteria listed. For the most part, there are all ages and ethnicities. Realistically, this should not matter to you. If there is an event that you would like to do, then do it! It is totally different than physically being stuck at something you are not enjoying. You can “click out” at any time. If you are unhappy with the experience we will refund your fee.
If you have questions regarding; how many are registered, gender balance, or ages of those registered, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256. We are committed to making sure that the event your register for is going to be great and you get exactly what you expected!
Pajamas & t-shirts are acceptable (just, please be wearing clothes!). Also, we all realize that our beards are growing and our hair looks like hell. (Besides most computer cameras are not that clear anyway)
This event is nonrefundable unless canceled or rescheduled