You are not logged in.
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Want to get out, socialize responsibly, learn about the city and enjoy the iconic holiday decorations in NYC? Join NYSN founder Dave Cervini for a stroll through midtown as he shows you things you may have never known about the history of the area from 34th street to Rockefeller Center. Along the way you will see amazing photo’s of NYC then and now plus The Macy’s Windows, Bryant Park Christmas Tree, 6th Avenue Lights, Radio City and the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree. If you don’t say “oh wow!” at least once during the tour we will give your money back!
How it works.
- We will meet in front of Tir Na Nog at 254 West 31st Street
- The tour will last about 2 hours.
- At the end of the tour the group is welcome to find a local pub for food and drink.
What we will cover:
- History of the original Penn Station in all its majesty.
- Macy’s, Herald Square, Empire State Building and surrounding area. Macy’s Windows
- Broadway: 34th to Times Square
- Bryant Park and the old reservoir & graveyard. Bryant Park Tree and holiday shops
- Avenue of the Americas and elevated trains. Corporate decorations
- Radio City, Rock Center and St Pat’s. Rock Center Christmas Tree and Saks 5th Avenue Windows
Cost: $25 General Members / $15 NYSN Lifetime VIP members. Refunds will be given only if the tour is canceled due to weather.
Covid 19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- We will take temperatures upon arrival
- If you think you have been exposed or have recently tested positive please do not come.
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will ask that masks are worn while in close proximity to others if indoors or in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of the venue or location of the event.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list at the door. If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment. If registering with a voucher follow the instruction on the voucher. If you registered and paid a confirmation email will be sent to you when you registered and on the day of the event.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
Venue: Tir Na Nog West 31st
My venue content