You are not logged in.
10:00 am - 1:30 pm
We will follow strict Covid guidelines for this event.
Take the ultimate private NYC history walk with members and friends of NYSN. It is the perfect way to get out of the apartment, socialize and learn about the city. Our journey begins where NYC began at Bowling Green, then we will walk up Broadway to Time Square. Along the way you will see how the city grew from farms and orchards to the metropolis it is today. Your guide will share facts, information and rare photo’s that will amaze you from the city’s past. Chances are you will walk past many things you have before and find out the historical significance’s and remnants from the past.
What to expect:
- Register below and we will send you all the information you need to find the group and join the tour.
- We will limit the group to 16 people to ensure safe social distancing.
- Along the way we will stop at a cafe for snacks and coffee or hot cocoa.
- The entire walk is just over 4 miles. and take about 3 hours.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL BE TAKING THE SUBWAY BETWEEN CANAL STREET AND UNION SQUARE
What you will see/learn:
- The history of Bowling Green/New Amsterdam
- How Broadway became Broadway
- St. Pauls Chapel and Trinity Church w/historic graveyards.
- City Hall Park, Union Square, Madison Square Park, Herald Square and Times Square.
- Famous Buildings
- Wall Street, Canal Street, 42nd Street
- Many secrets and forgotten treasures plus remnants from the past.
Cost: $40 General Members / $30 Lifetime VIP members. (includes the tour only)
Covid 19 Protocols:
- Please do not come if you have been exposed. You may cancel up to one week for a refund. Within one week you will be given a credit to use for selected events.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- Event limited to 16 people so there is space for everyone to be safe.
- Face masks must be worn while within close proximity..
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? If this is a free event, no. For paid events: It is always best to print out the ticket confirmation or save it on your devices as proof of purchase especially if you have purchased your ticket on the same day as the event..
Dress Code: Dress for the weather.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content