You are not logged in.
7:30 am - 7:00 pm
This is our most popular and most exciting trip, featuring dozens of fun-filled rapids combined with spectacular wilderness scenery. You’ll laugh, scream and get a little wet on the Lehigh River. This trip is great for 1st time rafters in good physical condition. The group will meet near Penn Station for the ride to the Poconos.
The Dam release guarantees that the water will be flowing at its best! This is a class 2-3 rapid (out of 6)
How it works:
- You will meet the group at 7:30am near Penn Station
- Once at the river you will check in. Get your gear, have a quick orientation session then head down the river. (approx 4 hours)
- Along the way you will stop for lunch.
- You should be back in NYC around 7pm.
What to bring:
- Bathing suit, sunblock, towel, change of clothes, water socks or shoes you don’t mind getting soaked. Footwear is required.
- Lunch, water.
How hard are the rapids?
These are considered a level 2-3 (out of 6). You should be in good physical condition and not afraid of falling in (which could happen).
Cost: $145 includes round trip transportation and rafting only. You will need to bring your own lunch.
- Rountrip transportation from Manhattan and back
- Professional guides in kayaks
- Rafts, paddles, life jackets
- Waterproof container for your lunches
- Shuttle to and from the river
- Pre-trip instruction
- Hot showers and change rooms
Covid 19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- If you have not been vaccinated, please do not come if you have been exposed or have recently tested positive.
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will ask that masks are worn while in close proximity to others or in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of the venue or location of the event.
- No Masks will be worn on the river.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? It is always best to print out the ticket confirmation or save it on your devices as proof of purchase especially if you have purchased your ticket on the same day as the event..
Dress Code: Dress for the weather. We go rain or shine
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
Venue: Tir Na Nog West 31st
My venue content