You are not logged in.
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Big Deal Casino Academy is a casino dealer training school that we have rented out for a fun night of socializing, drinking, playing and learning using play money. Whether you know how to play some of these games or have never stepped foot in a casino, join us!
This experience is usually only available for charity events which normally costs $100 – $300. There is nowhere else in Manhattan where you will be able to have an experience like this. It is really one of the best social events that we host. It gets people really talking!
What to expect:
- There is a bar, food and 13 gaming tables.
- At the beginning of the night come to socialize, grab a drink or a bite and play some of our icebreaker games and then head to one of the gaming tables.
- The Big Deal Academy instructors will be on hand to explain the games, walk you through how to play then let you actually play using real chips!
- Everyone attending that night will be given $2,000 in chips to play with (no cash value and no cash awarded) but those who wind up with the most chips at the end of the night will win prizes from NYSN.
- You can also go from one table to the next. There will be Poker, Craps, Baccarat, Roulette and Black Jack. If you get tired of playing, there will be plenty of people to socialize with.
What is included: $35 ($30 for VIP members) includes : room rental, instructors and dealers and NYSN staff on hand to help you navigate the night and the games.
Not included: Food and drinks may be purchased for reasonable prices.
Dress code? Keep it neat. If you want to wear your James Bond outfit you can!
Is this a real casino? No, it is a school where they train people to work as dealers for casinos using real casino tables and games. They are the only one in New York State. We have rented the space to use for a private party for our members and friends.
Do we play with real money? No, we give you $2,000 in chips that you can play with at any of the tables. There is no cash value and if you bust we’ll give you more!
Do I need to know how to play any of these games? NO, NO, NO, that is the whole point of the evening. Come, have a drink, socialize and you can hop from table to table and the dealer student/graduate will teach you how to play Craps, Poker, Roulette, Black Jack, Bacarrat & more.
If I know how to play already is it distracting to have them teaching? No, they are really good at having experienced players enjoy themselves.
Describe the atmosphere? This is a large space on the 6th floor of an office building. They have it nicely decorated because private events are held. There is a bar and light appetizers for sale. When you arrive we will greet you and introduce you to others. We’ll figure out where you want to start and get you going! Throughout the night you will be able to switch tables, take a break at the bar, play our icebreaker games and win prizes!
Who is attending? The group will be 30-40 people, mostly people in their 30s and 40s and some 50s.
Can I pay at the door? The academy needs to know how many staff to put on so we highly recommend purchasing your ticket(s) ahead of time. If you wish to pay at the door you will need to make special arrangements with Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I come alone? Yes, most guests do! It’s a great way to meet new people.
Questions? Email Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212.873.2256, M-F 10am to 4pm.
Nonrefundable unless canceled.
Want to learn more fun things with us? Click here.
Venue: Big Deal Casino Academy
My venue content