You are not logged in.
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The Highline is one of New York’s top attractions but how much do you actually know about the former train trestle that brought fright trains in and out of NYC from 1932-1980? It is also dedicated to presenting amazing art installations each year. Join us for this fun evening of adventure, art, history and socializing as we invite members and friends to see how much they can discover while having a little friendly competition with other members of the group. No experience is needed and we will make up teams when you arrive (unless you already have one).
Here is how it works:
- Meet in front of Whitman’s Burgers at 7pm sharp for registration.
- If you don’t have a team (which most won’t) we will set you up with other fun people.
- Our NYSN host will explain the rules then give you a list of clues that you will need to find.
- Each team will be given 90 minutes from the time they are sent out to get from one end to the other with as many clues as they can find.
- The group will end at a designated place with outdoor space near Gansevoort Street to hand in their sheets then eat and drink while the numbers are tallied.
COVID-19 Protocols: Mixed Group
- This event is open to vaccinated and non vaccinated members.
- If there is a mix of vaccinated and non vaccinated participants we will ask that masks are worn while in close proximity to others or in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of the venue or location of the event.
What will we be looking for? Historical and contemporary points of interest on the Highline and the surrounding buildings/structures and info about the many art5works on display.
What if it rains? If it is too dangerous to host, the hunt will be rescheduled or you can have a refund.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list at the door. If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment. If registering with a voucher follow the instruction on the voucher.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather. At all events we ask that you use your best judgement based on the event. There are never jackets and ties required unless specifically stated. Keep it neat, be yourself and look your best.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract the 20s to 40s age range although some events can skew younger or older (50s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who comes to these?: Our activities attract NY professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities, but please don’t make this the sole reason you come out.
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content