You are not logged in.
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Please note that we will enforce all Covid 19 guidelines during this event (se below). Lawn Bowling (Bocce Ball) can be traced back to the 13th Century and is a fun and easy game to play for amusement, socializing and a little fun competition. It will be even more fun as we use our Glow In the Dark Bocce Balls for some sunset socializing in Central Park! We’ll teach you all you need to know and get to playing several rounds right away. Space is limited to 16 people.
What is Lawn Bowling? Also known as Bocce Ball is a sport in which the objective is to roll small balls so that they stop close to a smaller ball called a “jack” or “kitty”. The team with the most large balls closest to the smaller ball wins!
What to expect:
- The group will meet on the benches next to the main entrance to Tavern on the Green.
- We will walk over to the area that we will be playing at.
- After a short introduction we will play several sets for about 90 minutes
Cost: $25 general members/ $15 VIP members.
Includes: lawn bowling, host fee, equipment
Covid 19 Protocols:
- If you have been vaccinated please show your card or Excelsior app. Those who have been vaccinated may take off face masks when at the event both indoors and outdoors.
- If this is a Vaccinated Only event then we will not enforce masks UNLESS at a venue that still has some regulation in place like when using the restroom, etc.
- For events that are NOT marked as Vaccinated Only and you have not been vaccinated, please do not come if you have been exposed or have recently tested positive. We will take temperatures when you arrive. You will have to follow guidelines based on the venue, location and proximity of the group to each other.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests. We will make up teams randomly and switch for each match.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list with your host at the meeting location. If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment. If registering with a voucher follow the instruction on the voucher.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content