You are not logged in.
Before you can reserve a spot, you must be a NYSN member. If you are a returning user please Sign in. New users please Sign up.
9:45 am - 5:50 pm
Enjoy a fun filled day out of the city in the beautiful Hudson Valley with other people from our group who love the outdoors and the start of the fall colors for our Culinary Institute, Apple Picking, Hudson Walkway Day Trip. We have put together a special set of activities that will give you a taste of the great outdoors and all that the region has to offer.
Here is how the Culinary Institute, Apple Picking, Hudson Walkway Day Trip works:
- You will take the 9:45am Metro-North train from Grand Central (or drive) to Poughkeepsie train station.
- Your guide will meet you in Poughkeepsie at 11:44am where they will bring you to the award winning student cafeteria at the Culinary Institute of America.
- After lunch you will visit the Walkway Across The Hudson Park which is like the upstate version of the Highline that crosses the Hudson River.
- From there we will visit a local farm to pick apples.
- The day ends with your guide bringing you back to the Poughkeepsie train station for the 5:50pm train back to NYC.
- You will be traveling in an SUV. Masks will be optional while in the vehicle.
Please note that The Egg Cafeteria at The CIA is a cafeteria. It is not one of the restaurants. The menu changes daily based on what the students are studying. Selection may be limited for those who are vegetarian.
$140 (VIP Members $130) includes: round trip transportation to and from the train station and all activities, all park fees, guides, taxes and tips. 1 entrée and 1 soft drink at the Culinary Institute.
Not included: Train fare. You may drive to meet the group at Poughkeepsie. Apples. There are several sizes that you may purchase for yourself or purchase and split with other members of the group.
How long is the walkway walk? 1.2 miles all flat.
Can I come alone? Yes, most guests do! It’s a great way to meet new people.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather. Check forecast for Kingston, NY.
Questions? Email Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212.873.2256, M-F 10am to 4pm.
Nonrefundable unless canceled.
What if it rains? The trip is canceled if the conditions are unsafe and you will be refunded.
Looking for more adventures outside the city? Click here.